Contec CMS-50E and EW REPLACEMENT BATTERY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
torontoCPAPguy

Contec CMS-50E and EW REPLACEMENT BATTERY

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 pm

I have THREE Contect CMS-50E pulse oximeters, the third one being wireless (CMS-50EW) and the software that goes with them. They have all served me very well and actually continue to do so excepting that the displays have gone dark and almost unreadable even in a darkened room.

I believe I need to replace the batteries in these units unless someone has any other suggestions as to why the displays have gone dark.

Does anyone know where I can pick up three lithium batteries 3.6-4.2VDC, 470mAh, marked JG21? These fingertip pulse oximeters are a god-send and I would heartily recomment the CONTEC CMS-50EW to anyone needing an accurate and reliable pulse oximeter. I have taken them to the hospital with me when I am in and compared to the hospital pulse oximeters these CONTEC units are dead accurate.

As of late, we changed our diet to vegetarian and CAUTION!!... make sure you are getting sufficient IRON/B12 etc. I have been short of breath for two weeks now and am sleeping with my Respironics oxygen concentrator cranked full on and pushed into the air flow from my S9 CPAP machine. Without all, I cannot get decent sleep. The concentrators are Everflow Q and they put out 5L/M. Am thinking I should have an Everflow Q 10L/M unit these days. These Everflow Q units are dead quiet and do the job...they were a bargoon at about $600 each delivered. But my issue for now is the pulse oximeter. If anyone can help I would be grateful... I need some advice and replacement batteries fast! Thanks in advance.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

Goofproof

Re: Contec CMS-50E and EW REPLACEMENT BATTERY

Post by Goofproof » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:06 pm

I too have the same trouble with my 50E, But I question if the battery is the fault. If the charge power is on it doesn't effect the dark screen, I'd hate to throw batteries at it and have to junk it. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Re: Contec CMS-50E and EW REPLACEMENT BATTERY

Post by Goofproof » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Goofproof wrote:I too have the same trouble with my 50E, But I question if the battery is the fault. If the charge power is on it doesn't effect the dark screen, I'd hate to throw batteries at it and have to junk it. Jim
=====

could they have programmed it to self destruct after 3 years?

the manuals do mention a 3 year limit which i thought was the life of the nonreplacable battery
Thought you said their manuals were crap, I never saw that, and why would the battery not be replacable when they have a screw cover built-in. Me thinks you know not of what you speak. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire