'Nother crappy pharmacy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
squid13

Re: 'Nother crappy pharmacy

Post by squid13 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:02 pm

archangle wrote:You don't understand, squid. CPAPDiva is a troll making fun of those who insist on having a data capable CPAP machine, not someone who's actually talking about name brand prescription drug coverage by insurance.
I was replying to what the guest said.
Guest wrote:I called my insurance company and they said they won't pay extra for the name brand drug. They don't think the difference between the generic and the name brand drug is medically neccessary, but the name brand drug has a gel coating and my husband has a sensitive stomach, so I know he needs the name brand drug.

So in that case I think my pharmacy should have to give my husband the name brand drug for no extra charge. Yes, yes, I KNOW the name brand drug costs the pharmacy more, but it's not MY problem if the pharmacy makes enough to pay the pharmacists, and their rent and keep their license and make a profit. If my insurance company will only pay for generic drugs it's my pharmacy's issue. Let them deal with my insurance company. I am entitled to whatever I want.
Especially the last part about I'm entitled to what ever I want.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:03 pm

But full data IS MEDICALLY NECESSARY--in many, many cases!
The insurance companies may not agree, but the manufacturers still make them!
If I cannot get what I NEED from the local guys (for a REASONABLE upcharge),
they lose my business. PERIOD.
I am learning what 'insurance' costs versus what it pays, and I am more convinced than ever
that the free market is what we all need--along with honest insurance and full disclosure.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

archangle wrote:
squid13 wrote:This is a good example of the moocher group that feeds of the rest of us. The I want and I'm entitled class that we have in America today.
You don't understand, squid. CPAPDiva is a troll making fun of those who insist on having a data capable CPAP machine, not someone who's actually talking about name brand prescription drug coverage by insurance.
I'm not making fun of anyone. In fact I'm deadly serious. It appears there are posters here that are fully capable of understanding the concept of the difference in what an insurance payer will pay for and what you WANT to be provided to you. Now you just need to take that concept and apply it to your insurance company and DME providers. Because it's EXACTLY the same concept.

Pay the upcharge and/or complain to and petition your insurance payer. Posting about the "terrible DME company" instead are a good example of the "moocher group" that has entitlement syndrome.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Amen!

NateS

Post by NateS » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm puzzled.

This is the only board/forum I read that allows unregistered person to post messages.

Every other board/forum I am acquainted with allows one to read without registering, but if a person wants to either start a thread or contribute a comment to an existing thread, they are required to register first.

In my humble opinion, it creates a sense a responsibility, and it also prevents one person from posing as several or many.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:46 pm

NateS wrote:I'm puzzled.

This is the only board/forum I read that allows unregistered person to post messages.

Every other board/forum I am acquainted with allows one to read without registering, but if a person wants to either start a thread or contribute a comment to an existing thread, they are required to register first.

In my humble opinion, it creates a sense a responsibility, and it also prevents one person from posing as several or many.
You know, I actually agree with you here, and I will go you one better. Require posters to register with their real, verifiable name! That way sleep professionals and DME providers could know who to avoid like the plague, AND perhaps people who don't know what they are talking about wouldn't post so much baloney on issues they know nothing about. Great idea!

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Nate, I agree with you. I was flabbergasted to realize that unregistered persons could post threads and responses here.

"Guest," we all know who you are. You are more than welcome to avoid us like the plague, and it's actually very easy to do - just leave.

NateS

Post by NateS » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Guest wrote:
NateS wrote:I'm puzzled.

You know, I actually agree with you here, and I will go you one better. Require posters to register with their real, verifiable name! That way sleep professionals and DME providers could know who to avoid like the plague, AND perhaps people who don't know what they are talking about wouldn't post so much baloney on issues they know nothing about. Great idea!
That's a real smart aleck answer. If you were intellectually honest, you would take this opportunity to set a good example for all the rest of us, by now publicly displaying here your real name and the name(s) your business operates under. Don't be shy!

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

thud

Post by thud » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:32 am

CPAPDiva wrote: can't believe all these crappy pharmacies that won't give us name brand drugs for free just because our insurance only covers generic drugs.
If you want the brand name and pay lots more for it then pay for it out of pocket and quit your crying. You sound like a crappy customer. I bet the pharamcy is delighted when one of their crappy customers, such as yourself, does an about face and exits the building.

..........Thud