CPAPTalk Chat updates

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sam_cpap

CPAPTalk Chat updates

Post by sam_cpap » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I've released a few changes to the CPAPTalk chat software over the last few days:

1. You can now see how many people are online and who they are before you enter the chat room. Hovering your mouse over the "X Chatting Live" will give you a list of their names.
2. When you're not looking at the window, and someone talks, you should now hear a "pop" sound. I've limited this to sounding at most once ever 15 seconds, and it will only sound if you're not focused on the chat room. You can turn off sounds by pressing the little speaker notification down on the bottom right.
3. Your forums username is now your chat username. In order to help people to know who they're talking to, chat will automatically pull your forums username and use that. If you're not signed in to the forum, it will give you a 'Guest' name.
4. The text entry in chat is now a little bit clearer/easier to see.

Let us know if you find any bugs, or have any issues with any of these changes, or if there's anything else that you think really needs to be done to improve your chat experience.

Sam.

Madalot

Re: CPAPTalk Chat updates

Post by Madalot » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:09 am

I would like to extend huge thanks and gratitude to Johnny, Carolyn and Sam for making these modifications. If there are others involved, please let them know their efforts are appreciated!

I am especially fond of what I call "automatic login" which pulls the user name from the forum. Very, very nice feature to have.

You all rock!

lazer

Post by lazer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for the added perks and your hard work!

Papit

Post by Papit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Cute little friend you have crawling around the bottom of your page. How'd you do that?

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Papit wrote:Cute little friend you have crawling around the bottom of your page. How'd you do that?
Oh, now you've gone and stirred up the hornet's nest! That little critter has been the subject of much controversy -- so much so that lazer even started a poll going a while back to see if the majority of people were bothered by it. After many heated exchanges it turned out all you have to do if you don't like it is press Escape and it stops crawling around. So really I doubt you've stirred it all up again, it just made me chuckle!

Papit

Post by Papit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:42 pm

A little streak of mischief can be fun! We don't all have that. I wish it didn't look like a cockroach though!

I want to know how to do it. The streak in me could be a nuisance I suppose. But I'd use my newly acquired talent,
if Lazer sends me a PM on how to do it, only on a few folks. Like my kid sister. She 'hates' me anyhow.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Papit wrote:A little streak of mischief can be fun! We don't all have that. I wish it didn't look like a cockroach though!

I want to know how to do it. The streak in me could be a nuisance I suppose. But I'd use my newly acquired talent,
if Lazer sends me a PM on how to do it, only on a few folks. Like my kid sister. She 'hates' me anyhow.
Yes, Papit, you must use your powers for good not evil!