Fisher & Paykel Evora...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
joeljjk11

Fisher & Paykel Evora...

Post by joeljjk11 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:26 pm

It is their new nasal mask, seems intriguing. I am searching for a nasal mask that does not irritate my lower nose/upper lip, cause every one I have tried makes me bleed in this area and I have to discontinue using it. I do like using nasal masks though and I tend to feel better when I use them. Has anyone tried the Evora?

https://www.fphcare.com/us/homecare/sle ... asal-mask/

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -cpap-mask

Joel

LSAT

Re: Fisher & Paykel Evora...

Post by LSAT » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Information at the top of the page under New Product News

mets123

Post by mets123 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:44 pm

I have used it for the past three days and really like this mask. Lightweight and easy to adjust. No problems with leaks and Ahi is running between .2-.5. Recommend this to anyone who has problems with using a nasal pillow mask.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Does it irritate your nose at all? I am weary about nasal masks because they always irritate my lower nose but I want to try this one.

Joel

mets123

Post by mets123 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm

I usually get marks on my nose so I use tape around the areas that I usually get marks which does help.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:08 am

I received the mask in the mail and it is comfortable but I have not actually slept with it yet. It is very easy to adjust and from fiddling with it I like it more than the Airfit N30. I think I am going to try it this weekend.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I have used the Evora Mask for the past week. It is an excellent mask and very comfortable. Would recommend people try this especially if having problems with nasal pillows.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:00 pm

I'm glad to know about this mask. How quiet is the vent compared, say, to the ResMed P10? And is the short hose flexible enough to route up to a hose stand?
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Coffee Man

Post by Coffee Man » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:11 pm

My experience after a couple of days is that it is quieter than the N30. I think the P10 is the quietest mask I’ve used, so the Evora is somehwere between the two.

The Evora vent is not at all diffused. It basically shoots small streams of air out that you can definitely feel, and so can someone else in bed with you.

In order for me to get a good seal I have to tighten it to the point that it becomes uncomfortable after a while. The N30 cushion is a lot more comfortable for me.

But, everyone is different so it might be a mask worth trying for some. Particularly if you shop at one of the online suppliers that have mask return insurance.

KungFuCow

Post by KungFuCow » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Ive been using this mask for a couple of weeks. It seems to stay in place better than any other mask Ive used. Its a little noisy but my wife says she cant hear it and the air doesnt travel as far as say the N30i. All in all, seems to be a great mask.

I did have to tighten it up to get a good seal but my nose doesnt hurt in the morning when I take it out. This headgear + Brevida pillow would be major winning.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 pm

How is this mask for a side sleeper? I see the hard plastic flanges under the cradle pillow and wonder if that wouldn't push into the face of a side sleeper? That's one of the things that I like best about the dreamwear nasal mask, all soft, but not loving the weight of it. The Evora is lightweight, but wondering about that flange-y thing that the cradle cushion sits on.

Any side sleepers using this mask can comment about this?

mets123

Post by mets123 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:21 am

I have used this mask for almost three weeks. I am a solid side sleeper and have no problems with comfort, noise or leaks. The flange that you describe is so when you lie on your side it doesn’t break the seal. Of course everyone is different but for me it is a great mask.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:25 am

I have experimented with this mask and it is solid. The only thing is the vents are not great and seem to shoot air in the eyes at times, but they are pretty quiet. I have no idea why mask manufacturers would ever develop vents that basically shoot into your eyes when you are on your side, it seems like the vents should always be much lower or on the hose but no manufacturers design them like this. Who knows, I never understand this with masks.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:34 pm

joeljjk11 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:25 am
I have experimented with this mask and it is solid. The only thing is the vents are not great and seem to shoot air in the eyes at times, but they are pretty quiet. I have no idea why mask manufacturers would ever develop vents that basically shoot into your eyes when you are on your side, it seems like the vents should always be much lower or on the hose but no manufacturers design them like this. Who knows, I never understand this with masks.
Good reviews from side sleepers, that's great...the lower vent on the Dreamwear seems about right to me. Pretty low, so it's not directly on my face, ever, in that zone where it doesn't hit my hands...but I do have to move the blankets occasionally. I find it a little better than the Swift FX vent, but both could be much more diffuse. And the Dreamwear could be much lighter.

Anyways, good news about the flange-y thing not being a problem. It's on my list to try now, right behind the AirTouch N20. Even saw a review of it by LankyLefty, always a treat *smile*.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm

Just received mine yesterday, gave it a good wash and used it last night. Still need to adjust the straps but I think it will be a good replacement for my P10. Had a little leaking (because of strap adjustment) but my ahi was still under .05 8) .
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.