Provent therapy advice

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Axxel

Provent therapy advice

Post by Axxel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I just saw a piece on the news about this provent. Wondering how many people on here have had any success with it?....

Also, would a regular primary care Dr be able to write a prescription for this or does it need to be from a sleep Dr etc? Where is a good place to order the 10 day trial from?

Julie

Re: Provent therapy advice

Post by Julie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Any doctor (and most dentists) can write a prescription for just about anything for anyone, plus there actually isn't such a thing as a 'sleep doctor', only doctors (often neurologists or pulmonologists) who have taken an interest in sleep disorders and (hopefully) courses in the different aspects of them.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Enter "Provent" in the search box.

MidnightOwl

Post by MidnightOwl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm

While any doctor CAN write a prescription, if I discovered my doctor was willing to write a prescription for something she knew about only from seeing the same promotional news item you saw I'd be looking for a new doctor in a hurry. And at this point in time the odds are very good that's all most doctors know. If you want to try this find a doctor with some experience with it.