Airfit/Airtouch questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tip10

Airfit/Airtouch questions

Post by Tip10 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:37 am

Not been here in ages.
Therapy doing great.

New Machine (Airsense 10 Auto) on order. Machine research is what brought me back to this magnificent place of knowledge.... And since I’m back I’ve naturally been poking around a bit. Still a magnificent place!!

I have issues with silicone (probably allergy issues). Have been very happy with the SleepWeaver Advance and lately the Elan for that reason. Getting good fit, good therapy switching between the two.
I also have an Airfit F10 that I also occasionally use but have to fight with liners (for me a PITA) in order to use it.
Soooo, color me intrigued — in poking around noticed the AirTouch F20. The foam seal vs silicone has me really interested.

QUESTIONS:
1 - would a F20 foam cushion fit a F10 frame (I seriously doubt it)?
2 - some comments have been made about needing to step up a size when going to the AirTouch — I was comfortable in a Medium F10 - should I stick with a medium F20??

THANKS

I don't suffer from Insanity -- I rather enjoy it!!

Okie bipap

Re: Airfit/Airtouch questions

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:41 am

The F20 cushion will not work on the F10 frame. My wife and I both found the Air Touch cushion to very comfortable, but we both had trouble getting a good seal when our pressure went over 15 cm. Other people say it seals fine at high pressure, but we couldn't etc it to seal above 15 cm.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

CPAPSteve

Post by CPAPSteve » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am

regarding sizing up - I was a medium in an Resmed AirFit F20 but had to size up to a large in the Airtouch. This is likely because of the memory foam seal being less flexible than the AirFit’s silicone seaI.

Tip10

Post by Tip10 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks!

So, do both medium and large F20 cushions fit on the same frame? So if I go medium and need large (or vice versa) is it same frame - just a cushion replacement? Or do I have to start over again?

CPAPSteve

Post by CPAPSteve » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:15 am

Tip10 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:07 am
Thanks!

So, do both medium and large F20 cushions fit on the same frame? So if I go medium and need large (or vice versa) is it same frame - just a cushion replacement? Or do I have to start over again?
Same frame. Only difference i could tell is the headgear and the actual cushion size.

Tip10

Post by Tip10 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks everybody - we’ll give it a try and see how it goes.
Mask insurance from our sponsor makes it easy!