SleepyHead update coming very soon.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Breathe Jimbo

Re: SleepyHead update coming very soon.

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

jedimark wrote:I thought Jimbo uploaded a couple of test builds for Mac with 60 series patches..?
Er, I was holding off until those bizarre numbers are fixed. Do you really want a ton of ResMed users hollering "me, too" about that?

Also, for whatever reason, Qt5 is not in MacPorts yet. It's coming but not there yet.

bosstow

Post by bosstow » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:
jedimark wrote:I thought Jimbo uploaded a couple of test builds for Mac with 60 series patches..?
Er, I was holding off until those bizarre numbers are fixed. Do you really want a ton of ResMed users hollering "me, too" about that?

Also, for whatever reason, Qt5 is not in MacPorts yet. It's coming but not there yet.
rich0 posted a link to a Mac version of the interim build he did for the 60 series. This is what a number of us Mac users have been using so far for 60 series machines.

Here's his post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83551&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 30#p760793

Here's where it was posted: https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefreemanclan ... pyHead.dmg

Also have a Resmed S9 Autoset as a backup/travel machine

Otter

Post by Otter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Welcome back, Mark. I'm glad to hear you're coding again. Glad you're still married too. Congrats on your survival.

Otter

Post by Otter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm

archangle wrote:
avi123 wrote:Mark, just wanted to illustrate this which I mentioned above. It's possible that you have already fixed it:

S9 Autoset in APAP mode. No need for the lower Pressure trace. It's just confusing:
I disagree. The lower pressure trace is useful. Also, on some machines, such as bilevel autos, the pressure difference may change. It will also change with ramp for some people.
I'm with Archangle on this one. The lower pressure trace is useful. If we were going to have only one, I'd vote for the minimum, as with the S9's algorithm, that's the one that's more likely to determine whether or not air goes in your lungs when you try to breathe.

IIRC, in one of the earlier versions of SH there was a way to put mask pressure on the same graph as the min and max. I keep the mask pressure graph turned off these days since I almost never use it, but looking at the three pressure traces together was very instructive. It really drove home how most of the time my machine stays near Pressure-EPR, and only gets to Pressure for a moment at the end of most breaths. The maximum pressure has nothing to do with whether or not I can breathe, as if I can't get the breath started, the S9 stays at the minimum until I gasp and then starts ramping up the range so that doesn't happen again. You can see the same thing looking at the mask pressure trace alone, of course, but it wasn't until I saw it hugging the min line that I realized what the mask pressure data really meant. You've got plenty of other things to do now, but someday it would be nice to have that combined graph back, at least as an option.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 pm

An Update..

Mac stuff is still causing annoying hangups and mouse problems while printing.. ResMed summary page numbers are still all over the place.

I'm in the middle of trying to set up a complete Qt debugging environment so I can get a decent look into what's happening in Qt when things go wrong, and not just SleepyHead code I write.

This is rather tricky, especially as I have to set it up on all 3 platforms, and they all have their quirks to get around. Takes several hours to compile each attempt, and there is 3 different versions of Qt I'm dealing with. (Wheeee. Computers are slow). WinXP 32bit can't even build Qt from source with full debugging anymore, as it can't physically support enough memory. (Don't worry XP users, release versions are still possible)

So fear not, I'm not stagnating again.. just swearing loudly at a monitor

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Otter

Post by Otter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Reminds me of my first programming job. On larger projects, I'd sometimes wait for an hour or so for the deeply abused miniframe to compile my code only to have it call me an invalid over and over again. I guess some things never change.