fullface mask issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bbsargent

fullface mask issues

Post by bbsargent » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:02 pm

anyone have a idea about how to deal with drymouth from fullface masks? does anybody make a mask to fit just my face! im a new user of cpap and having a hard time getting used to having for the first time in my 50 years this very unerving thing on my face at night.but hopeflly it all gets better in time,just feels good to share these thoughts with other people that understand

ronbien

Re: fullface mask issues

Post by ronbien » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:56 am

bbsargent,
Welcome to the board.
Here are a couple of previous threads about that topic.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69172

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69037

An wasy way to get used to it is put it on early and read or watch TV, then you are consciously getting used to it being on your face.

Good Luck!

Sheriff Buford

Re: fullface mask issues

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 am

Sargent: please fill in your equipment in your profile. Masks are like shoes. What I like, or what fits me, may not fit you. Look at my mask. You'll probably never try it. There are nasal, full face and total face masks. Each brand and model feel different. Go to your DME (where you got your equipment) and ask to try on a different masks. Heck... try them all. See what you like and feels good to you. The nasal masks are probably less intrusive, but man-o-man... you have to be able to wear it all night and can't breath out your mouth. There are many full-face mask folks here. A full face mask allows you to be a mouth breather. Mask shopping is normal and a good mask that fits you, is comfortable and doesn't leak is the key to sucessful therapy.

Clear as mud???

Sheriff