Service Required

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cgooden

Service Required

Post by cgooden » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:10 pm

I have had a Respironic RemStar Pro Auto CPAP Machine for about a year now, lately the machine is sounding an alarm and shutting off during the night. When this occurs the display will say "Service Required". I was wondering if anyone might know what could be causing the alarm, and how to fix it. The only way to shut off the alarm off is to pull the power cord,

Also there are times that I am lying in bed but not sleeping and the LED on my CPAP machine will come on and the machine enter the ramp mode spontaneously. Any indeas of what would be causing these issues? Downloading the data from the card, does not indicate any alarms.

MidnightOwl

Re: Service Required

Post by MidnightOwl » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Sorry. I don't know about the code but I'm sure someone else will know more.

Do you own this machine or are you renting it? If by some small chance you are still renting it report the problem immediately and get it replaced now before you do own it. Call them tonight! If you own it - did you buy it new? Mine came with a warranty. The warranty was from the manufacturer but had to be pursued thru the equipment dealer (DME).

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:52 am

cgooden wrote:I have had a Respironic RemStar Pro Auto CPAP Machine for about a year now, lately the machine is sounding an alarm and shutting off during the night. When this occurs the display will say "Service Required". I was wondering if anyone might know what could be causing the alarm, and how to fix it. The only way to shut off the alarm off is to pull the power cord,

Also there are times that I am lying in bed but not sleeping and the LED on my CPAP machine will come on and the machine enter the ramp mode spontaneously. Any indeas of what would be causing these issues? Downloading the data from the card, does not indicate any alarms.
Welcome to the board.

First, let's figure out which machine you have. There are 3 versions of "REMstar" machine. The newest ones say "Philips Respironics." One level back says "REMstar xxx M series" near the power buttons. The older versions just say "REMstar". Which do you have?

Does the air hose come out the back, the top, the side, or the front?

"PRO" and "Auto" are two different models.

Does it say anything other than "Service Required?" Numbers, etc.?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

alex a

Post by alex a » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm

I have had the same issue for the last couple of nights. I have a Remstar DS550S Auto. Any ideas of what I could do before mailing it in for service? I own this unit.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:31 pm

I would always start by pulling the plug for a few minutes and letting the CPAP re-boot...just like a computer. It may do nothing, but it won't hurt to try.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:35 pm

alex a wrote:I have had the same issue for the last couple of nights. I have a Remstar DS550S Auto. Any ideas of what I could do before mailing it in for service? I own this unit.
You can't do a thing, well 'cept to contact a DME cuz the manufacturer won't talk or deal with you.

Be sure to ask for a loaner while it is out for repair.

How old is it? Did it get water spilled inside or just fall?

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

alex a

Post by alex a » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:11 pm

well the machine worked well after I replaced the sd card and then 1 month later it finally died. CPAP.com was very nice to deal with and I shipped it to them and they sent it to respironics. after 2 weeks I was sent a new machine!!

Richard Sherbunre

Post by Richard Sherbunre » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:13 am

HIi I have a phillips resperonics res med machine it is just over 2 months old. The service required code # is 020717-00634. could you assist me in any way. Thank You.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:49 am

Yes, definitely. Start a new thread - this one's old and it's unclear what your trouble is (even if it seems similar to those mentioned here).

We can help, but would need more info to go on and a much easier time in following a new thread than plowing through an old one.

However, if you're referring to seeing a "Service Required" sign on your machine's display (after only 2 mos) you'd probably be better off asking whoever you got the machine from about it.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:13 am

Richard Sherbunre wrote:HIi I have a phillips resperonics res med machine it is just over 2 months old. The service required code # is 020717-00634. could you assist me in any way. Thank You.
Phillips Resperonics and ResMed are 2 Different machines

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:00 pm

LSAT wrote:
Richard Sherbunre wrote:HIi I have a phillips resperonics res med machine it is just over 2 months old. The service required code # is 020717-00634. could you assist me in any way. Thank You.
Phillips Resperonics and ResMed are 2 Different machines
two different companies.

this guy obviously has a Lincoln Cadillac model...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Take it to the DME place you got it from. They should know what to do.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05