Sleepmapper software not working for me

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needzzzzs

Sleepmapper software not working for me

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:18 am

I've tried it on two different computers, one with Win7, the other with XP. On the Win7 computer, the downloader file would not initialize. On the WinXp computer, the data seems to have uploaded successfully, but several hours afterwards, still doesn't show on the Web site. I use Sleepyhead personally so don't need it for me, but my sleep doc had trouble seeing the data on my card yesterday when I met with him, so I did this so he could see it (I hoped).

Anyone else have words of wisdom?

Thanks,

Debbie

DreamDiver

Re: Sleepmapper software not working for me

Post by DreamDiver » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09 am

Looks like a neat thing, if you can get it to work. Could you post some images of what you're seeing that is problematic? Maybe it's a Windows thing.

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:45 am

You may be one of the first people to really take Sleepmapper out for a spin. Does it show you what data got uploaded to your PC? Or can you see nothing until it uploads to the web site?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:18 am

It's extremely limited on what is shown and you see nothing until it gets uploaded but the results should show up immediately.
I just gave it a spin.

Interestingly it only picked up last night's data...so I guess you have to do it each day.
I have no idea what may be causing the problem with the up loader program for needzzzzs. Using Win 7 64 bit computer and it installed without any issues and seemed to function properly.

Here's pretty much what you get.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Pugsy wrote:It's extremely limited on what is shown and you see nothing until it gets uploaded but the results should show up immediately.
I just gave it a spin.
Did you use the bluetooth adapter, or did it read from the SD card?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:31 pm

sawinglogz wrote:Did you use the bluetooth adapter, or did it read from the SD card?
Just from the SD card and my computer. I don't have any sort of blue tooth adapter than I am aware of. I am a little behind the times when it comes to that sort of technology. Just haven't needed it so haven't explored it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 pm

no you don't have to do it every day... tried it for awhile. It won't pick up old data.

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks for showing what is displayed, Pugsy.

My data still isn't there. I guess I shouldn't care, based on what I'm seeing.

I'm just mystified as to why it's not.

Computers! I use one for a living (I'm a librarian), and when they don't work right, I get annoyed.

Debbie
Pugsy wrote:It's extremely limited on what is shown and you see nothing until it gets uploaded but the results should show up immediately.
I just gave it a spin.

Interestingly it only picked up last night's data...so I guess you have to do it each day.
I have no idea what may be causing the problem with the up loader program for needzzzzs. Using Win 7 64 bit computer and it installed without any issues and seemed to function properly.

Here's pretty much what you get.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:04 pm

needzzzzs wrote:I guess I shouldn't care, based on what I'm seeing.
Yeah, the data is pretty limited compared to what we are used to seeing. Better than nothing though I suppose....but not by much.
Though if someone's AHI is nice and low and no large leaks (that's all the leak thing does is just say for 100% of the time no large leaks) and good hours of sleep.....things should be fine.
I did find it odd that target hours was 2 hours of sleep...I wonder if that goes up with time? Maybe it thought my last night was my first night ever.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:25 pm

I couldn't get my data to upload either so I just uninstalled the program. I have windows 7.

shimon

Post by shimon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I just logged on and set up an account. I had the same problem when I uploaded the SD card using their upload program. It only uploaded the current day's data and ignored all my data that goes back to January. Until they fix this, the program is useless.

And I tried to contact them to let them know what I think of their product...good luck trying to find contact info. I tried to an online help chat but the person had no idea what I was talking about. There is no easy way to contact them regarding this software which says a lot of what they think about their software and their customers.

Snoozy18

Post by Snoozy18 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:44 pm

I loaded it on my Windows 8 machine just fine but saw no data. I called my DME (who told me about it) and turns out they had to activate my account on the server.
It works fine now. Limited data as everyone has said, but its easy and tells me what I need. I suggest you contact whatever professional you found out about it from or DME to help you get set up.

gromit

Post by gromit » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Same for me - I was looking forward to checking out the data on sleepmapper but it didn't show that I uploaded any data from my SD card even though the uploader installed and said that the data up load worked.
So, can anyone suggest an alternate app I might try? Thanks!
RM

DaveJ45

Post by DaveJ45 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately considering these problems as have been discussed in this thread, I am not using SleepMapper on a Windows machine.
I am however, running SleepMapper and the Windows version of Sleepyhead in a WindowsXP virtual machine on my LINUX Mint computer.
It may be possible to get similar results if you try running SleepMapper in a Virtualbox machine in Windows.

A full description of the process can be found here:
http://selfhelptechadvisor.blogspot.com ... yhead.html

FWIW, I find the open source Sleepyhead software a lot more comprehensive than SleepMapper. SleepMapper comes across as providing only the most basic of user data, while the Sleepyhead software offers reports, charts, graphs, and all sorts of ways to interpret all of the data that your Respironics® CPAP machine is collecting. SleepMapper takes a more 'need to know' approach, obviously assuming that only your doctor needs to see all of the data that is being collected by the device.
That being said, I suspect my doctor would only accept the official Philips SleepMapper data, if any, over the Sleepyhead produced data.
For now I will be running both, since the process that makes one work on a LINUX computer enables them both to work.
There is another software option, called Encore Basic, which I have not yet tried, since I still need to set it up to run in a virtual machine.

-DaveJ