I don't deal so well with negativity...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
delshadow

Re: I don't deal so well with negativity...

Post by delshadow » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:14 am

I use your software pretty much daily. Without it I wouldn't have been able to manage my therapy. Many thanks for your efforts.

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks for the hard work, you and your projects can be compared to the idea of sliced bread.(better than sliced bread)
Take a break from it all(easy to say that- usually not easy in reality) there will always people who want something for nothing.
Thanks for Sleepy head and I will try to donate every year to your hard work and your friends.

tazmania

Post by tazmania » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:50 am

The sleepyhead site has a place where you can donate to Mark by Credit Card or Paypal. It is located on the main page, just scroll down.

I just started using this software last week and seeing I love the tool so much I have donated already.

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Edited to add: I see the post that mentioned donating was removed. I posted this and noticed it was deleted.

Additional Comments: Current Pressure: APAP, Min: 10.5, Max 12.0, C-Flex=3
Machine: Phillips Respironics REMStar System One 60-Series Auto CPAP Machine w/humidifier (REDS560HS)

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:07 pm

A lot of current shareware is free to try, but frequently offers only limited features or embeds an expiration date... IOW, you pay to get the deluxe package with a full range of features and no time limit. This marketing model is currently very popular and allows new users to dip their toe into the water for free. Something to think about.

What I wrote above may rile some members of CPAPtalk, however my feelings are that I'd prefer to see Mark well-compensated and happy about his SH efforts, rather than have him dial back all SH development due to fatigue, pressure and conflicted feelings. Somebody recommended he sell out to one of the big CPAP companies, however I think that would just be a disaster (except maybe for Mark )

Lastly, I don't have a lot respect for people that can afford a few extra dollars but never donate to Mark and Sleepyhead. That's just plain selfish NTM cheapskate behavior.

EDIT: LATE BREAKING NEWS. This came out after I wrote the above. Mark stated how he feels about these plans I mentioned and I respect his position on the topic.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111056&start=15#p1065969

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Dear Jedimark,

Thank you for all your time, patience and sacrifice to make SleepyHead available and as useful as possible to everyone. But that isn't worth your health or putting up with negativity. Be as kind and gentle a friend to yourself as you would be to others. Take care and all the best.

Kindest regards,
GB
jedimark wrote:This post is a little rant-y, I'm sorry in advance

I appreciate everything done on behalf of SleepyHead project, but I am the sort of person that needs to, on occasions, limit my exposure to negativity, or else I will burn out.. this has happened before, hence why there has been long periods of no program updates. Depression, life, and work have also had a part to play in that too. (My entire extended family shunning me for taking a conscientious stand and reevaluating my personal beliefs doesn't help much either)

I try my best to keep up with what's happening around with the SleepyHead project, but there is no way that I can focus on project development and keep on top of absolutely everything.

Anyway, I've had to make a decision today to remove someone from my inner circles, that I quite expect a bit of flack for. It was someone who has helped me a lot to get organised the past few months, but hasn't fully appreciated I am not an unending well of patience when it comes to putting up with a disrespectful attitude towards the work and priorities of myself and others who volunteer to help with the project.

I am not holding grudges against anyone, I'm just trying to protect my focus on and interest in the SleepyHead project.

I spend an insane amount of time working on this project (70hrs+ a week, in between chronic migraines) instead of focusing on other things I probably really should be doing for my family... like trying to work a normal job and earn an income like everyone else for instance. Right now, my wonderful wife supports us and encourages me to focus my time on this project while my health has not been so great, because it keeps me mentally active, and she sees the good it's done.

To be then reminded that I'm not doing enough, or that I'm wasting my time focusing on components they don't personally feel are important (but plenty of others do), is downright hurtful, and is extremely dis-motivational.

I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I try to do my best. But I simply cannot allow negativity to disrupt my workflow.

I just don't feel great over this decision today, but I do believe I did the right thing. I share it here, because you guys at this forum have been a driving force in my will to continue making this program better for everyone. I've been slack keeping everyone up to date with things, so I'm trying harder to do this.

Thanks for listening.

Sleep Well,
Jedimark

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Thank you for all that you do and have done. It has helped so many. Including this fat guy! So thank you from the bottom of my heart. You may have saved many lives because of your work and dedication and caring. So thank you.

Thewino

Post by Thewino » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:21 pm

JediMark,

I have always been in awe at your selfless endeavor to assist as many CPAP users as possible by updating your program and adding more and more machines to be able to utilize this extraordinary program. The detail available with Sleepyhead is superb. You have a real gift with computers. I am truly amazed and very, very thankful that you are so kind to offer the benefits of your work to the masses at no cost. You are a remarkable person.

Please accept my appreciation for all you do. It has been a while since I donated so I just did again. PayPal converted the donation to Australian money, I do believe. I forgot to put my alias 'TheWino' on the transfer. It is the donation from about five minutes ago with a note of gratitude!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Warm regards,
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:39 pm

I understand your frustration, and know how difficult it is to put up with the asshats.

I often have to tell myself that for every asshat, there are a bunch of good people.

I decided a long time ago to not let the asshats get to me, and to think about the good people I might be able to help, or get help from.

For SleepyHead, the ratio is probably better. For every asshat, there are probably hundreds who get great benefit from your work.

Unfortunately, on the internet, and especially on an unmoderated board like this one, you often just have to put up with the asshats or give up and let them rule the roost.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:10 am

I too just returned from Paypal for a donation. Thank you for all the work you and the others have done to make this software work for so many people!

Consider putting this on your opening screen. Illegitimi non carborundum! (Don't let the b**tards get you down!)

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:38 am

I'm sorry tbat someone is getting at you! This should not happen!! What is wrong with some people??? You have given so much to help all of us! I, for one, use your software daily and am so thankful to you that it is availabe and easy to use!
You are a very giving person. Please try to ignore people who are negative. They are most likely jealous that they have not done such a terrific thing!
Please take care of yourself!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 am

Jedimark,

Thanks for all you do and have done... the first priority should always be to take of yourself, and removing negativity is always a good start.

All best to you,

RandyJ

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:06 am

Thank you for your work on Sleepyhead! As a former software developer I know how much work you are putting in to this.

One of the best things I ever did was work the 13 weeks of journaling of "The Artist Way" . There is a whole chapter (week) on "crazy makers" and how they can destroy your life and make you think you did it all yourself. If you can't get them out of your life (Family!!!!) then know and protect yourself from them.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi Jedi,

You all have helped restore my life. My wife thanks you too
I just kicked down for the cause.

A little Bob Marley can go a long way

"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just goota find the ones worth suffering for.

Don't gain the world and loose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.....

One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain."

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 pm

jedimark wrote:I try my best to keep up with what's happening around with the SleepyHead project, but there is no way that I can focus on project development and keep on top of absolutely everything.

Anyway, I've had to make a decision today to remove someone from my inner circles, that I quite expect a bit of flack for.

Jedimark
I doubt you'll be getting very much flack, if any at all! Not much in life is any more important than being true to yourself. The people who are the most important to you will thank you!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Hey Joe

Post by Hey Joe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:23 am

Lucyhere wrote:
jedimark wrote:
Anyway, I've had to make a decision today to remove someone from my inner circles, that I quite expect a bit of flack for.

Jedimark
I doubt you'll be getting very much flack, if any at all! Not much in life is any more important than being true to yourself. The people who are the most important to you will thank you!
Especially if it was palerider and I think it was cuz he went silent after this was posted just like he did after Pugsys said she had enough.