CPAP Pillows

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SueKZ

CPAP Pillows

Post by SueKZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Does anyone know anything about CPAP pillows and if they help? And if so what do you recommend?
Thanks!

Bon Bon

Re: CPAP Pillows

Post by Bon Bon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I've tried two special pillows since beginning cpap. The Regenesis Buckwheat pillow http://www.pur-sleep.com/products/produ ... ategory=14 and the PAPillow http://www.papillow.com/. Both of which I learned about from other members here on the forum.

Many people here love the buckwheat pillow but I personally found it much too hard, I just could not get comfortable with it. I wound up throwing it in a closet.

I'm really liking the PAPillow, which is filled with synthetic down, but there are a lot of members who find it too hard and too thick. It does come filled very full but with use it has settled and softened and is easy to mold how I want it.

(Edited to correct spelling)
Last edited by Bon Bon on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I picked up an expensive cpap pillow at a medical supply store ( i'll try to find the brand) - it has cutouts in the bottom corners to fit the mask in - i didn't find it very useful at all - the best pillow i've found is the Subokawa? or something like that pillow - they sell it at Bed bath and beyond - that is full of little beads - you can mold the beads into any shape to support the mask

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

johnthomasmacdonald wrote:I picked up an expensive cpap pillow at a medical supply store ( i'll try to find the brand) - it has cutouts in the bottom corners to fit the mask in - i didn't find it very useful at all - the best pillow i've found is the Subokawa? or something like that pillow - they sell it at Bed bath and beyond - that is full of little beads - you can mold the beads into any shape to support the mask
I just got the Subokawa a couple of weeks ago to replace my very old square D that I found thru a chiropractors office a number of years ago, prior to that, had a smaller square D. I have a very bad neck, all cervical discs are disintegrating.

I think the Subokawa is going to work, I ordered the Queen/King size thru Bed Bath & Beyond, and its still not as large as I expect of a King, but it did say Queen/King, so my expectation may have been a little off. I love how quickly you can rearrange the little beads where you want them for comfort.

If you want anything larger than the regular, you can order thru them at the store & they don't charges S&H since it is being sent as a 'store order' straight to your home.

Good luck & let us know what works for you,
Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm

The Subokawa looks interesting. I might give it a shot if it works well for a side sleeper with nasal pillows.

I'm using the Contour Cpap Multi-Mask Sleep Aid Pillow that goes for $40-50. It has corners cutouts. Works fine for me and I have zero problems with it but I'm always on the prowl for something better

wildflowertx

Post by wildflowertx » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm

The last few nights, I've been using the SleePAP pillow, which I bought from our hosts, CPAP.com. It's similar in looks to the PAPillow that Bon Bon posted. It's fairly comfortable, provides more support -- even for a non-face mask -- than my regular pillow.

Steph

Treatment started 11/27/12

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 pm

cosmo wrote:The Subokawa looks interesting. I might give it a shot if it works well for a side sleeper with nasal pillows.

I'm using the Contour Cpap Multi-Mask Sleep Aid Pillow that goes for $40-50. It has corners cutouts. Works fine for me and I have zero problems with it but I'm always on the prowl for something better

The nice thing I found about the Subokawa is that you can lay about any way you want, you just adjust the pillow in any way you want. I just cuddle into it when I'm on my side & it just craddles me. The pillow doesn't become 'stuck' in one position, it goes where you go or where you put it. The Countour CPAP never worked for me, it was too hard for my neck.

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Cosmo - if you are going with the subokawa pillow go with the one jennicat is using ( the king size ) as the regular is only about the size of my foot ( although i have a Big foot)

JamesW6175

Post by JamesW6175 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:05 pm

cosmo wrote:The Subokawa looks interesting. I might give it a shot if it works well for a side sleeper with nasal pillows.

Got a Contour Pillow like this at Bed Bath & Beyond for around $60.00 . Works pretty good so far, I am a side & stomach sleeper and this is working good for me.