I order this chin strap when I saw raving reviews on this forum about a month ago.
I received it in the mail and it was huge on me so I called Russ and told him no way was this going to work for me.
Russ was very upset that I would never get to see the benefits of his chin strap, so he said he would make one for me in a small. And he did. Not only did he make it, but he shipped it priority mail.
That was a week ago and I have to say it's wonderful and more!
1. The small is small. If you weigh more than 130 lbs. or have a bigish head it may not fit. It was too small for my husband who is 5'9" and weights 150. He would have needed the standard size.
2. The fabric is wonderful. Very soft and it's well made. Just pop it in the washer with like fabrics.
3. Most importantly, IT WORKS! It really does hold your chin forward and your mouth closed. (I'm used to wearing the Ruby Red chine strap so the fact that I had something wrapped around my head didn't bother me)
4. The first night the top strap slipped forward and rendered it useless. But two small pieces of Velcro put between the mask straps and the chin strap about temple high on each side stopped that altogether. If I didn't have headgear to attach the two together I would have needed a big barrette or two to hold the top strap in place. Russ said you can put it behind your ears, but the small is too small for that on me. I'm wearing it over my ears.
5. It was not a one night wonder for me although I understand it is for some. It was on my fourth night that I realized I would never sleep without it. It's just part of the whole contraption now.
6. No mouth leaks. I checked my numbers and happy day! It worked once I got the top strap to be stable on my head.
To sum up my review I'll tell you Russ offers a full guarantee. He really does believe in his product and rightly so. I talked to him everyday for the past week giving him reports on the size SMALL and my results with it each night.
The cost to some seems high but really....a shirt at Macy's to go with my blue shorts was $39.00 and I may only wear that once a month. I'll wear this every night.
I do have to thank Russ MacMillian for his product and his patients. If you watch the homemade video you'll see there's no glitz here. Just a man who invented something out of his own necessity and is happy to share it with others.
|Machine: S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine|
|Mask: Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack|
|Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control|
|Additional Comments: SleepyHead software, mouth guard, Respironics chinstrap, 3M Medical tape|