ResMed Auto CPAP problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SusanThang

ResMed Auto CPAP problems

Post by SusanThang » Mon May 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi all– I have a ResMed Auto CPAP and have been using it for a few years. Recently, I have found ithat t is waking me up in the middle of the night due to it making my eyes stream with water. The upper part of my face (eyes and sinuses) also feels quite sore when I use it. Does anyone know how this problem might be rectified? It’s got so bad that I have had to take the Cpap off and sleep without it which is making me feel awful.
Thanks in anticipation.

archangle

Re: ResMed Auto CPAP problems

Post by archangle » Mon May 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Welcome to the board.

Please sign up for the board and fill in the equipment in your profile so we can help you better.

Do you have a humidifier? Try turning the humidity level down or even not using it. Is there water in your hose?

Do you have air leaking around your mask?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

SusanThang

Post by SusanThang » Mon May 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi there - thank you. In answer to your question, actually I'm not using the humidifier at all. Might you have any other thoughts about what I could try?

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Mon May 09, 2011 3:52 pm

SusanThang wrote:The upper part of my face (eyes and sinuses) also feels quite sore when I use it. Does anyone know how this problem might be rectified?
You may well have leaks from your mask.

You need to tell use more about your equipment, particularly the mask, and how often you replace mask seals/cushions etc.

Cheers,

Bill