"Empty Headed" Morning After

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DavidCarolina

"Empty Headed" Morning After

Post by DavidCarolina » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 am

Only 6 months ago I was awakening from 7 hours of bipap fully refreshed. I can tell the instant i awake if it was a good night (vs. being "compliant").

Recently I started having some problems: Minimal centrals on occasion, fatigue, dizziness. I dont have actual headaches, but it feels
weird like my head is very light and stuff is sloshing around in there......only way to describe it.

Im trying to sleuth this out---I dont think Im in danger of having a stroke, because I got a CATSCAN awhile back and it was all good.

1. oximetry problem not showing up in AHI data?

2. bad reaction....caffeine/.......or narrowed blood vessels??

3. Sudden food allergies?

4. Bipap pressure change needed 16./11 has gone out of range?

AMK

Re: "Empty Headed" Morning After

Post by AMK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 am

As I understand it a CATSCAN would show if you had a stroke already, not whether you are at risk of one, though you do not describe stroke symptoms. I doubt that food allergies are your problem. If your data looks good, then this could very well be an issue outside the scope of a cpap board. Sudden fatigue and dizziness, IMO, should be brought to the attention of a doctor. I don't think a few centrals would cause that. Heck, I had a few centrals last night and I'm ok. And raising your pressure could cause more centrals.

fog.apnea

Post by fog.apnea » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

DavidCarolina wrote:Only 6 months ago I was awakening from 7 hours of bipap fully refreshed. I can tell the instant i awake if it was a good night (vs. being "compliant").

Recently I started having some problems: Minimal centrals on occasion, fatigue, dizziness. I dont have actual headaches, but it feels
weird like my head is very light and stuff is sloshing around in there......only way to describe it.

Im trying to sleuth this out---I dont think Im in danger of having a stroke, because I got a CATSCAN awhile back and it was all good.

Does it feel anything similar to the momentary brain freeze that is experienced when eating icecream though on a milder level? I am interested to know because this is one of the symptoms very difficult for me to express to doc or someone else as it usually coexists with other symptoms and is intermittent in nature. For me it stays for few hours and difficulty in concentration is aggravated (and feeds on itself) during these episodes. I started xpap therapy only 3 months ago but i have had these symptoms before and after the therapy (though I believe therapy is helping it with the frequency and duration of the episodes). Usually for me it starts with the day but I never could correlate to anything specific. I know I didn't answer your question but hopefully am able to relate ... otherwise please disregard my comment.

EPR 2cm
Humidity Level: Auto
Diagnosis: OSA 35 AHI. Diagnosed May '17. Therapy started Jun '17.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Middle ear, or sinus?
Just guessing.
Are you looking at detailed data?
Might be a good idea.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:39 pm

I think this is something you shouldn't be asking strangers on the internet about, but go to your doctor (who gets paid to be 'bothered' and who doesn't, if you don't ask). Sure, it could be nothing, and maybe it's Cpap/Osa related, but what if it isn't? What if a 1,000 things might be going on that need diagnosing and addressing? We're not MDs and 'sloshing' is about as helpful as telling your mechanic the car makes X noise out of nowhere. I have some guesses, but what if I'm wrong?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm

I hope you check with your doctor.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Yes, please check with your doctor. I'm not in any way saying your symptoms are not connected with sleep issues, but there are many other things that can cause fatigue that don't have anything to with sleep. The same thing with dizziness. Did you have the CAT scan related to this? An ultrasound of your carotid arteries would show if you're having any blockage there. My husband had to have this done several years ago.

DavidCarolina

Post by DavidCarolina » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:12 am

It feels like inside my brain has comparments to it.

There is various pressure in each, and the ones that are "empty" feel like they are being pushed by the full ones.

There is more pressure at the temples, and at the bottom back of my head.

It leaves me with a dizzy out of sorts feeling, and low grade nausea.

fog.apnea wrote:
DavidCarolina wrote:Only 6 months ago I was awakening from 7 hours of bipap fully refreshed. I can tell the instant i awake if it was a good night (vs. being "compliant").

Does it feel anything similar to the momentary brain freeze that is experienced when eating icecream though on a milder level? I am interested to know because this is one of the symptoms very difficult for me to express to doc or someone else as it usually coexists with other symptoms and is intermittent in nature. For me it stays for few hours and difficulty in concentration is aggravated (and feeds on itself) during these episodes. I started xpap therapy only 3 months ago but i have had these symptoms before and after the therapy (though I believe therapy is helping it with the frequency and duration of the episodes). Usually for me it starts with the day but I never could correlate to anything specific. I know I didn't answer your question but hopefully am able to relate ... otherwise please disregard my comment.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 am

So glad you ignored advice to talk to a doctor!
Last edited by Julie on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esme

Post by Esme » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:24 am

I had similar symptoms a few years ago. Dizziness, motion sickness, headaches. I went to the doc thinking I had a brain tumor, and he discovered a big wad of wax in my right ear which he removed. Symptoms resolved. Like others, I encourage you to go to your doctor without delay. Very likely it's something easily resolved, but you won't know until you get it checked out.

Sleeping Ugly

Post by Sleeping Ugly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am

Please see a doctor--ASAP.
CPAP Therapy: providing restful and restorative sleep, while making you LOOK like you haven't had ANY! --me