Which S9 Autoset Manual is the most recent?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Which S9 Autoset Manual is the most recent?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 pm

I printed a copy of the s9 autoset manual from Uncle Bob's link. On the front is says ResMed AutoSet & Elite and the last page says 2009 Resmed.

I requested an email of the s9 manual from some administrator. On the fron it says Resmed AutoSet & Elite & Escape and the last page says 2010 Resmed.

ResMed does not clearly indicate the date these things were done. It would seem that the 2010 one would be the most current, but everyone says Uncle Bob has the latest stuff.

Anyone know which is the most current? I don't know when the Escape came out.

Thanks

Wulfman

Re: Which S9 Autoset Manual is the most recent?

Post by Wulfman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Guest wrote:I printed a copy of the s9 autoset manual from Uncle Bob's link. On the front is says ResMed AutoSet & Elite and the last page says 2009 Resmed.

I requested an email of the s9 manual from some administrator. On the fron it says Resmed AutoSet & Elite & Escape and the last page says 2010 Resmed.

ResMed does not clearly indicate the date these things were done. It would seem that the 2010 one would be the most current, but everyone says Uncle Bob has the latest stuff.

Thanks

Wouldn't it be obvious that the one with the most current date is the most current version?

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 pm

My manual for version 3.13 says Version 3.13 and has a 2011 copyright. I dowloaded some weeks ago.

You must be looking at a manual from your previous download of version 3.7

Version counting doesn't work like decimal numbers, therefore, the 13 after the 3 is more (i.e. newer) than the 7 of your previous download.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Guest wrote:I printed a copy of the s9 autoset manual from Uncle Bob's link. On the front is says ResMed AutoSet & Elite and the last page says 2009 Resmed.

Thanks
Which manual are you referring to, the S9 Autoset and Elite Clinical manual, the S9 Users Guide, or the Resscan software clinicians manual? The s/w manual is at 3.13, the same as the Resscan s/w. The S9 Autoset/Elite Clinical manual doesn't really matter because the S9 machine has not changed since it's introduction in 2009. The copyright date probably does change year to year but the rest of the manual I'm sure has at most inconsequential changes. The S9 user manual is a different manual altogether, and does not have any info beyond what the user is expected to need. That's probably what the one that includes Escape is. Ain't no way a Resmed administrator is going to send you a clinician's manual. I think the user information is the same for all three. The additional info available in the Autoset and Elite is reserved for clinicians.

You probably have the latest version of all three different manuals.

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Honestly, those are just about the least-informative manuals I've seen for something this important. There's hardly anything even in the clinical manual (which, btw, was extremely challenging for me to get a paper copy of despite being a licensed, practicing physician with several patients with this series of machines). Practically the only significantly helpful thing in the clinical manual was how to enter the clinical menus, and I'd figured that out within 120 seconds of getting the machine.

The real meat is in the software manual rather than the machine manuals but even then reading the manuals isn't going to help much. You just need to learn the terminology (for example, by reading boards such as this) and the concepts and diving into your data.

Untreated AHI: 86
Treated AHI: 0.4