Whats best time of day to download ResScan Data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LittleRedTruck

Whats best time of day to download ResScan Data?

Post by LittleRedTruck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

I seem to recall there was something important about 12 noon for downloading ResScan data. But don't know why. So wondering when to download last nites data, before noon or afternoon? Is the Data retained on a noon to noon basis or am I totally wrong ? Probably so !!! Dan

xenablue

Re: Whats best time of day to download ResScan Data?

Post by xenablue » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 am

Yes, that's correct, however if you do all of your sleeping between noon of one day and noon the next, then it doesn't matter when you download the SD card info.

However, if you sleep, say 9am until 5pm, then your data will be split. I have no idea how to remedy that, or if there is a way, but if there is - someone here would have found it.

Cheers,
xena

robysue

Post by robysue » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

LittleRedTruck wrote:I seem to recall there was something important about 12 noon for downloading ResScan data.
What you are vaguely recalling is the need to look at the overnight data on the S9's LCD before noon if you want to see the overnight data on the LCd. The S9 resets the LCD's displayed "one day" data at noon local time each day.

ResScan doesn't care when the download is done. It downloads all the data on the card whenever you do it. You don't even have to download every day. Once you download all the data that's been written to the card since the last time you downloaded the data should be visible.

There is one caveat, however: If you want to see the detailed wave form data, you MUST download "All available data" at least once a week. The reason why is that the S9 overwrites the waveform data when it's eight days old---in other words, there are only seven nights of waveform data on the SD card at any time if I recall correctly.

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 pm

robysue wrote:
LittleRedTruck wrote:..in other words, there are only seven nights of waveform data on the SD card at any time if I recall correctly.
You do recall correctly.
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 pm

xenablue wrote:However, if you sleep, say 9am until 5pm, then your data will be split. I have no idea how to remedy that, or if there is a way, but if there is - someone here would have found it.
In looking at data and thinking about this I would suggest a 9am to 5pm sleeper to set the CPAP clock back 12 hours, so that the CPAP clock changes its recording day at midnight real clock time. This way the date stamp on the downloaded data will correspond to the sleep date. The S9 assigns data collected between midnight and noon (CPAP clock time) to the date of the day before.