Two great nights

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MarchWinds

Two great nights

Post by MarchWinds » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:33 am

After about 6 weeks on therapy, I finally had 2 really good nights of sleep. At first I was sleeping well and my energy was improving, but I would wake up after 7.5 or 8 hours and not sleep any longer, even though I just had to be sleep deprived. Then I went through a 10-day stretch of misery - kept awake by hose problems, then kept awake by work stress, then just started to get back on my feet when my titration study was due! Did not sleep well in the lab, that's for sure. I ended up having to take a day off work and just lie on the swing in my back yard for the entire day. I was feeling anxious, depressed, fatigued and miserable.

Then things started to improve. Then, finally, on Saturday night I slept from 9 am to 6:45 am! And then last night, 8:45AM to 5:30!

I feel great. I love my new pressure of 10, I love the heated hose, and I really, really, really hope I have many more good nights of sleep - cuz I need it.

I feel like during the first month, my waking brain got used to the CPAP, but my sleeping brain was still weirded out and was not really relaxing with the mask on. Now, I feel that my sleeping self has gotten used to the system too.

There! Some good news for a change. Onwards and upwards.

Julie

Re: Two great nights

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:51 pm