New user member

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cpapian

New user member

Post by Cpapian » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 pm

I have had a loaner for three weeks now. Doctor prescribed settings 6 - 12. DME set ramp at 4.

First night was pretty good, got to sleep in a reasonable amount of time (for me). I need a lot of air and found the ramp feature uncomfortable so discontinued thereafter. Husband reported no snoring. Had a lot of energy the next day. Remarkable.

My nasal mask fits fine and doesn't leak although caused some pain at the bridge of the nose which worsened daily, until I put the hose over top of the headboard.

The DME called after a few days. She said I had 6.5 events avg. But expected improvement over time.

The only useful information available on the unit display is hours used and the 90% level which is at or close to 12 regularly. I would like to know more about what is happening as I see other users do. Because the machine is a loaner I hesitate to remove the SD card. I think it is taped in - to discourage this, I suppose.

Sometimes the air is too much and I either swallow the air or my cheeks fill up until it escapes from my lips.

My biggest problem is getting to sleep. Some nights are good while others it can take up to five or more hours to fall asleep. It takes strict adherence to sleep hygiene, but the slightest thing can wreck it with days to get back on track. Not the machines fault.

Overall it seems to be improving my energy.

VinnieBarbarino

Re: New user member

Post by VinnieBarbarino » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Great job! Sounds like you're doing all of the right things.
That's interesting that you can only go up to 12. Wonder if the doctor will adjust the range based on your 90%-near-12 results...

Proud recipient of multiple Gold Badges from ResMed MyAir

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Go here and request the manual for this machine. It will explain a lot of what you are seeing in better detail.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual

90% numbers (pressure or leak) are just numbers where you were AT OR BELOW for 90% of the night. It's not where you were at for 90% of the night and it isn't an average either.

Don't be afraid to pull the SD card and use available software to see more details. Sleepyhead works great with the Respironics machines

https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

and does nothing at all to the contents of the SD card. No one will even know you touched it unless you tell them.

And if they taped the SD card in place....I would remove the tape even if I didn't use the software...that's ridiculous. I would remove it on principle if nothing else.

See my SleepyHead tutorial in the top of the Announcement section of the main forum page.
There's a lot more information available than what you see on the LCD screen.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

HopefulNewbie

Post by HopefulNewbie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:16 am

Will Sleepyhead work with a Philips Dream Machine?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:59 pm

HopefulNewbie wrote:Will Sleepyhead work with a Philips Dream Machine?
why don't you try it?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:44 am

Yes, Sleepyhead will work with the Phillips Dream machine.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

ajack

Post by ajack » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:05 am

if your 90% is 12 and max is 12. I'd set 10-16 and see where it went