Pray for Mike

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rested gal

Re: Pray for Mike

Post by rested gal » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Very good news, Dori! Good for Mike (thanks to you! )
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Bright Choice

Post by Bright Choice » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:41 pm

That is great news! Hope you both are healing fast!

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:00 am

DoriC wrote: In case anyone is struggling and doubting the benefits of good cpap therapy, I'm here to tell you that the difference in how Mike felt today after a good 9hr sleep with his machine and only 1 bathroom break is really amazing. I had almost forgotten myself the pre-cpap days and how bad it really was. He's happy to be sleeping with his "girlfriend" again. Sometimes it's good to be smacked with a 2x4!

I think many people who suffer from nocturia don't realize that it's caused by apnea... I was getting up 3 to 4 times a night before I started my cpap therapy, now with cpap I often sleep up to 8 hours straight through without awakening - which I find AMAZING!

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Just checking in to say Hi and to thank everyone asking for an update. I was hesitant to reply sooner because I was afraid to jinx our progress. Mike seems to be settling into a good pattern now with mostly good nights and occasionally a leaky one with some arousals, but generally he's doing much better although his wound still hasn't healed although it is starting to get a little smaller and I'm more resigned to whatever will be. My thrush seems to have mostly cleared up but some days I'm not sure so I'm giving it a few more days with salt water rinses and extra acidopholus and yogurt. We were blessed with a visit from our family for 2 days and that was better than medicine! We also celebrated our granddaughter's 1st birthday and it was such fun! It's also nice to have older teenage granddaughters because they helped Grammy clean up! I'm going to try and catch up with some of the recent posts and hope everyone is doing well.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:42 am

Dori
Happy to hear things are going in a positive way. Friends and especially family will brighten anyones day, I'm sure Mike got lots of hugs and kisses from the grandbabies, THAT alone would help his progress go a long way. I know it would have been on his mind while he was so ill, that he would miss all those hugs and kisses if he didn't get well. Things have turned the corner, lets hope that they stay that way and keep on an upward climb.
Love ya
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 am

My husband had an incident and 911 was called. He could not speak and could not stop throwing up, tired as well. He has been trying different mask, its been hard for him. Hospital kept him and ran some test, thought it might be a mini stroke. They decided it was vertigo. However I insisted on an MRI because I read in the new paper that a lady went into see her Doctor for headaches and they did a brain scan found nothing and sent her home. Two weeks later she had a stroke. If they would have performed an MRI they would have saw the blood clot! I read this two days after my husband was out of the hospital. He had his MRI done this past Friday and Sunday his Doctor called and he has two cyst on the right side of his brain. They can cause seizures and many other things.
I hope this helps and I pray to our Dear Lord Jesus that He heal your husband and give the Doctors great wisdom and direction!
God Bless you both.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Dori.

Glad to hear of Mike's progress.

Take care and best wishes.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

redjoe

Post by redjoe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 am

Dori, I'm so pleased for you that things seem to be looking up. I continue to remember you both in my prayers.

SmartLink module works, but software doesn't, so I'm using SleepyHead. Thanks, JediMark!
Real sleep and oxygen to the brain are wonderful things!

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for all your good wishes, I think "someone" is listening! I was finally able to do lunch with some girlfriends today, and Mike did fine on his own. I'm just starting to catch up on some of the posts, lots of newcomers onboard and getting so much good help from this wonderful group!

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 pm

This is great news Dori.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:46 am

Whoot Whoot Dori!!!!! So happy to hear the great news...we'll add a couple of Yippeeeees to those whoots. Such good news.!!!!!
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:00 am

Wonderful news!
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

bailachel

Post by bailachel » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Great news Dori!

Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Good news Dori you're both in my prayers.

90% EPAP=7.0, Avg PS=4.0, Avg bpm 18.3, Avg Min vent 9.2 Lpm, Avg CA/OA/H/AHI = 0.1/0.1/2.1/2.3 ... updated 02/17/12

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Well, I spoke to soon. I left Mike alone for awhile yesterday and he had an accident and fell doing something he shouldn't have been doing! He banged his arm up pretty badly with quite a bit of blood all over and a very painful ribcage. Our surgeon cleaned it up yesterday and showed me how to clean and dress it for probably a week,and xrays showed there's no fractures anywhere. His shrapnel wound seems to be getting smaller now after so many weeks of no progress. So a bit of a setback and a painful lesson for my dear husband! He's so mad at himself that I have to feel sorry for him.