Brand New Quattro AIR FFM + Help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sawinglogz

Re: Brand New Quattro AIR FFM + Help!

Post by sawinglogz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 pm

So how does this fit against the forehead? They claim only the headgear touches the forehead, but I don't see how that's physically possible. It seems like the edge of the forehead support through which you thread the headgear would rest on your forehead.
Thewino wrote:the Gel-pad mask on CPAP.com that is normally $109 is on sale for $56
Which one is that? I didn't see anything for "gel-pad" or "gel" that was $56.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 pm

" . . . brain lesions from using cpap."?????
Then you have the headgear WAY too tight!

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 pm

I suspect that Avi left out the word "not" in his description....it probably shoudl have read "brain lesions from not using CPAP"

Im pretty sure that I read some medical documents speculating that OSA can cause minute injuries to the brain from the repetitive stopping breathing .

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Thewino

Post by Thewino » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am

sawinglogz wrote:So how does this fit against the forehead? They claim only the headgear touches the forehead, but I don't see how that's physically possible. It seems like the edge of the forehead support through which you thread the headgear would rest on your forehead.
Thewino wrote:the Gel-pad mask on CPAP.com that is normally $109 is on sale for $56
Which one is that? I didn't see anything for "gel-pad" or "gel" that was $56.

Hello sawinglogs: please look here to find the ""ComfortGel Original Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear. As stated. It normally sells for $109 and is on sale for $56: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/comfor ... onics.html. What impressed me the most with this mask is that out of 2,334 reviews, this mask has a very high, 4.4 star out of 5 stars, rating.

I do not work for CPAP.com. I just thought it was a good deal.

My Quattro Air Update: Even though I purchased this mask at 0930 on the first day it became available, I got a e-mail that they are "out of stock. They anticipate delivery on or about 6/10." At which time it would then be shipped to me. So, I probably won't see the mask for a little while.

Take is easy,

TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:32 am

Thewino wrote: Be prepared as the mask isn't cheap. It is selling for $179 for mask and headgear on this site.
That's about the same price as the regular old Mirage Quattro, only the Air return insurance doesn't cost anything. That's about $30 less than the return insurance for the Mirage Quattro. So the Air is actually a little cheaper if you're in the habit of buying the return insurance as well.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 am

I looked at the picture of the Gel mask talked about and instantly recoiled at the thought of putting that massive size thing on my face.

It looks like almost 2/3rds of your face is covered by the mask. Since I've been using the Liberty & Hybrid, I'm beginning to think I would find it very difficult to use these heavy, large looking masks anytime soon.

But, from looking at the 'Air', it looks light and airy and worth a try I think.

J-Mac

Post by J-Mac » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:30 pm

If using CPAP causes brain lesions then I'm in real trouble!!

I started CPAP in January 1999 - that's a lot of lesions, I imagine. (No wonder I've become a serial killer!! )

Jim