Face cream and cpap . . . DON'T!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Marietjie

Face cream and cpap . . . DON'T!

Post by Marietjie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:35 pm

I feel such an idiot!
Saturday was a VERY HOT day in PE and I tried to cool down with a nice cold shower.
After my shower I put some night cream on my face (old ritual before cpap)
Why I did that, I don't know - must have been the heat!
Oh my word, what a big mistake!
If you want to listen to leaks all night - cream your face
I won't do it again - that's for sure.

sister

Re: Face cream and cpap . . . DON'T!

Post by sister » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 am

You can use all the face cream you like if you use the comfortlite 2 mask,I do.
Actually nothing touches the face!!!
very lite and easy to use.

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:22 am

Your right about the lotion causing leaks. Some have mentioned the cloth liners Remzzs help if you want your facial treatment at night.

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:27 pm

I have never had this problem, I use my cream every night. I do try to wait about one hour before I go to bed, so perhaps that helps? I don't use a lot, either, just a little.

bradb

Post by bradb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 am

Maybe it's just "too much of anything can cause seal problems," because I have the opposite issue. Oily skin, use an astringent, never a moisturizer (though sometimes acne treatment, nothing caustic where my mask goes anymore). If I use too alcoholic an astringent and get more oil off of my skin, to the point where my skin is dryish to the touch, my silicone SoftGel mask has a hard time sealing, and I get SO many leaks all night long!! I had to go put a little (oil-free) moisturizer ON to get my mask to seal. So who knows!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 pm

bradb wrote:Maybe it's just "too much of anything can cause seal problems," because I have the opposite issue. Oily skin, use an astringent, never a moisturizer (though sometimes acne treatment, nothing caustic where my mask goes anymore). If I use too alcoholic an astringent and get more oil off of my skin, to the point where my skin is dryish to the touch, my silicone SoftGel mask has a hard time sealing, and I get SO many leaks all night long!! I had to go put a little (oil-free) moisturizer ON to get my mask to seal. So who knows!
Glad you mentioned that bradb. My mask has been a wee bit leaky lately, just a bit, here and there, now and then, enough to annoy. My skin has been awfully parched lately, for about as long. Have tried to avoid use of creams etc before bed/mask, but perhaps it might be a useful thing in this case.