Encore Viewer 2.0 software -- download anywhere>?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needzzzzs

Encore Viewer 2.0 software -- download anywhere>?

Post by needzzzzs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 am

I've been looking on the Web (and searching this forum) to see if I can download the Encore Viewer 2.0 software rather than buying it and waiting for the CD to arrive. I have an appointment with the sleep doc (via teleconference) on Thursday a.m., and would like to look at the data ahead of time, if possible.

Although I'd love the software for free (who wouldn't?), I will certainly pay for it, but wanted to know if there is anywhere this software can be purchased and downloaded right away.

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

Pugsy

Re: Encore Viewer 2.0 software -- download anywhere>?

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am

Your humidifier posted appears to belong to the Legacy series machine which is the older version. If this is true then you also would need a smart card reader to transfer the card data to the computer software,

So please verify exactly which machine you are using. It makes a difference with which software you need and if you need the card reader or not.

I don't know of anywhere on the internet to buy the software as a download. Might find it free from some file sharing places but those scare me. Would be moot point if you need the card reader and don't have it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 am

My humidifier says System One on it. The CPAP machine says Remstar Auto A-Flex. On the bottom it says 550P (or P550, can't remember which).

It looks like this:

http://www.easymedonline.com/remstar-p5 ... ifier.html

So...can you tell if I need the card reader or not?

Thanks!

Debbie

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 pm

You appear to have the latest machine.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... ifier.html

Link above is to the humidifier that goes with the new PR system one machine.

While I have the older version of EncoreViewer that works with my M series machine, I do not believe it will work with the new machine.

If the new software is anything like the older version it doesn't present easily for obtaining other than by disc or a direct download from somewhere. I am not aware of any place to download the new version (there never was for the old version of EncoreViewer either). But I haven't looked either, so maybe someone here might be able to tell you if there is a place to download even if it did cost money. I am short on time or I would go look around for it. I am going to have the dreaded colonoscopy shortly......

The software can be purchased from cpap.com. You might check to see if they could possible get it overnighted to you to have it by Thursday but you would have to decide quickly...

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... eader.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Debbie check your private messages.

mayondair

Post by mayondair » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

PRSys1 auto records info on an SD card, if your computer has a card slot you do not need a separate reader, only Encore viewer softwear. Don't know of any downloads available, but if you take your card to your DME they should be able to download and print a report on Encore Pro softwear, which is available for download, but a bit finicky to get running. Ask around, someone will help you find it. Encore Viewer available from CPAP.com, 99$
Any landing you walk away from is a good one; if you don't break your airplane it's excellent.

DennisG

Post by DennisG » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:12 pm

I too have a new PRSys1 machine and would like to find the Encore Pro v2.4 as I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I hear that 2.4 is the only version that will run on the 64 bit systems. Any way to buy this version?

Thanks,
Dennis

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Thank you! I do have a card reader, so that's one less thing to get.

Best regards,

Debbie
mayondair wrote:PRSys1 auto records info on an SD card, if your computer has a card slot you do not need a separate reader, only Encore viewer softwear. Don't know of any downloads available, but if you take your card to your DME they should be able to download and print a report on Encore Pro softwear, which is available for download, but a bit finicky to get running. Ask around, someone will help you find it. Encore Viewer available from CPAP.com, 99$

maineultraclassic

Post by maineultraclassic » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 pm

I have the same machine and am also looking for the software............any luck?

Steve

JohnnyKaw

Post by JohnnyKaw » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Please take a look at the SleepyHead program. It's shareware, and very, very informative. Do a Google search for "sleepyhead software" and you'll find it.

CallMeDave

Post by CallMeDave » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi, here's a blast from the past:
I would like to contact Uncle_Bob for information to get the encore viewer software, but as a new member I am unable to PM him. Apparently I must either post or reply a certain amount of times before I am allowed to PM? Uncle_Bob I hope that you see this.
It appears as though he has helped others with this issue. I have tried encore basic and encore pro, but those programs will not read data from the smartcard - they are for SD cards. Basic and pro will read the patient name and machine serial number, allow me to assign the card, change Rx to the machine, etc, but the data portion of the smartcards information needs to be decoded. With the newer versions of software the card reads successfully, but the data is shown as invalid. I just came across a NOS M series bipap and am currently using it. I have the correct reader. I need (from what I understand) either encore viewer or possibly an earlier version of encore pro such as V1.8.49 to access and decode the data.
If any one sees this and can help I would appreciate it.
Unle_Bob, I hope that you are well and safe. Thank you for the help that you have given to others.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm

CallMeDave wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm
Hi, here's a blast from the past:
I would like to contact Uncle_Bob for information to get the encore viewer software, but as a new member I am unable to PM him. Apparently I must either post or reply a certain amount of times before I am allowed to PM? Uncle_Bob I hope that you see this.
It appears as though he has helped others with this issue. I have tried encore basic and encore pro, but those programs will not read data from the smartcard - they are for SD cards. Basic and pro will read the patient name and machine serial number, allow me to assign the card, change Rx to the machine, etc, but the data portion of the smartcards information needs to be decoded. With the newer versions of software the card reads successfully, but the data is shown as invalid. I just came across a NOS M series bipap and am currently using it. I have the correct reader. I need (from what I understand) either encore viewer or possibly an earlier version of encore pro such as V1.8.49 to access and decode the data.
If any one sees this and can help I would appreciate it.
Unle_Bob, I hope that you are well and safe. Thank you for the help that you have given to others.
UncleBob hasn't been here in nearly 2 years so I don't know if he will get your private message (which you can now send).

What model machine are you using? Encore Pro should work with the smart cards and I would expect some other reason for getting the invalid data message but maybe they finally stopped supporting the smart card older machines.
I have my doubts as to whether Encore Viewer will do any better than Encore Basic though. For all practical purposes Encore Viewer is just a slightly different version of Basic.

CallMeDave

Post by CallMeDave » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

Hello Pugsy and thank you for taking even a small interest in such an old topic - it is appreciated. Please excuse the length of this reply as I wish to give you as much information as possible to help you help me.

I am a physician assistant who was recently diagnosed as needing bipap. As such, I know several people in the business of DME. One person in particular told me about some old stock that he could make available to me. So, I have access to two machines. One a respironics bipap auto m series and the other a respironics remstar plus m series. Both with less than 36 hours. From photos on this site they are not the pre 2009, but not as new as the PR systems.

I started with encore basic on a 32 bit windows computer and it runs fine. Later I put encore pro on a 64 bit windows computer and it also runs fine. After reading the card it indicates that the read was successful, but the data is invalid. Neither software could pull sleep data from either machine. I spoke with the DME and respironics and they thought that the bipap machine might be writing bad data - so I tried the remstar machine with the same results. Then I changed card reader/writers between machines - same result. Then they thought that maybe the cards were corrupt so I bought a new card. Respironics had me do many things with the system of the computer -permissions, smart card services, slq servers, etc. I even had them do a remote online service to look at the computer and software - all is O.K.
Basically, through process of elimination, it appears that the older software had some decoding software within it. The decoded data gets stored in a directory c:\neo\decoded files as an xml file. This doesn't happen with the SD card machine and software.
If you are aware of anything else that I can try I am open to suggestions. It just seems that it would be easiest to try the older software, but it has thus far eluded me. If you know of anyone that could hook me up with the older software it would be great.
Thank you so much!
Dave

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:51 pm

CallMeDave wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm
Hello Pugsy and thank you for taking even a small interest in such an old topic - it is appreciated. Please excuse the length of this reply as I wish to give you as much information as possible to help you help me.

I am a physician assistant who was recently diagnosed as needing bipap. As such, I know several people in the business of DME. One person in particular told me about some old stock that he could make available to me. So, I have access to two machines. One a respironics bipap auto m series and the other a respironics remstar plus m series. Both with less than 36 hours. From photos on this site they are not the pre 2009, but not as new as the PR systems.

I started with encore basic on a 32 bit windows computer and it runs fine. Later I put encore pro on a 64 bit windows computer and it also runs fine. After reading the card it indicates that the read was successful, but the data is invalid. Neither software could pull sleep data from either machine. I spoke with the DME and respironics and they thought that the bipap machine might be writing bad data - so I tried the remstar machine with the same results. Then I changed card reader/writers between machines - same result. Then they thought that maybe the cards were corrupt so I bought a new card. Respironics had me do many things with the system of the computer -permissions, smart card services, slq servers, etc. I even had them do a remote online service to look at the computer and software - all is O.K.
Basically, through process of elimination, it appears that the older software had some decoding software within it. The decoded data gets stored in a directory c:\neo\decoded files as an xml file. This doesn't happen with the SD card machine and software.
If you are aware of anything else that I can try I am open to suggestions. It just seems that it would be easiest to try the older software, but it has thus far eluded me. If you know of anyone that could hook me up with the older software it would be great.
Thank you so much!
Dave
Hi Dave,

Forget the M Series Plus machine totally...it doesn't gather any data beyond hours of use only. Worthless to even try to use it with any software.

The M Series Auto BiPap should have data though. Not sure why Basic or Pro isn't working for you. Basic would/should for sure work.
Give me a bit to go check to see if I still have Viewer but I don't think I do. It's been dead and not used for many years but I did use it in the past. I am familiar with the M series machines.
Are you sure it is the Auto BiPap and not a BiPap Plus????
If any machine from Respironics has "Plus" in the model name it doesn't record any data except hours of use.

I got someone coming over in a bit to help me with my horses...when they leave I will see if I can find an older version of the software on one of my older computers. I used to have Viewer on my dropbox account where people could download it from there but I think I removed it from lack of need or interest several years ago.

So give me a bit to see what I can dig up. Will be back later.

I assume you are using the special card reader??? The Infineer DT 3500 from Mako???

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Hey Dave,

All I can find is an old version of Basic and there weren't many Basic versions as it didn't go very far.
I have one other place to look for Viewer but I don't know if I will have any luck...if it's on that old computer...that computer won't power up easily which is why it was replace several years ago.
I will go dig it out and see if I get lucky and if it will fire up and then see if I have Viewer on it. I haven't used Viewer in probably 10 years.

You would probably be better off to see if you could get one of your DME buddies to let you try a PR System One machine that is full data and uses a SD card. The System One machines were release in 2010/2011. So any M series machine is quite old.