New F & P Nasal cushion mask called the Solo

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

New F & P Nasal cushion mask called the Solo

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 01, 2024 10:32 am

So I got this new mask from F & P to try just for grins. It's called the Solo

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... gK6pvD_BwE

https://www.fphcare.com/au/homecare/cam ... solo-mask/

I just now got it. So will try sleeping with it tonight.
I did a quick fast trial.
It reminds me a lot of the ResMed AirFit N30 under the nose cushion mask (which is a nice little mask).
The venting isn't all that diffused (certainly not as diffused as the N30) but it isn't as annoyingly strong as something like the Swift FX was. It vents out the front and I can feel the vented air (and my pressures aren't all that high at all) up to around a foot away from the vent holes. I don't know about noise yet. I won't be able to test that part until tonight and all noise is turned off.

The vented air will bounce back into someone's face if something like an arm or the bed covers or a bed pillow happens to get in the way. I can already see that happening. That may or may not be a deal breaker for some people.
I am spoiled...the Eclipse with the diffuser in place I can't feel the vented air even at one inch from the holes.
The P10 and the N30 are diffused similarly and are silent.

I got the fit pack even though I was reasonably sure that I would need the small size and I was right.
It comes with a sizing guide.

I got this mask because I had some FSA money that I could spend and I just wanted to try it because it is a bit different in how it works. The under the nose cushion fits like the N30 fits so those of you familiar with the N30 will have an idea.

I am NOT looking to replace the Eclipse. Just wanting to experiment again and I haven't done that since I tried the N30 a couple of years ago.

It does have a rather unique and new way of "adjusting" the headgear itself. Hard to explain so I suggest people watch the videos on fitting to see how that works.

More thoughts as I try this mask and see how it does tonight.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Re: New F & P Nasal cushion mask called the Solo

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm

One night under my belt with the Solo mask.
No problems. It's a nice little mask. I could use it long term if I had to but while it is a nice little mask....it won't be displacing the Eclipse from the number one priority of use spot. Had a small amount of leak which was probably mouth opening leak but it didn't even hit 24 L/min and didn't wake me up so it's no big deal. I may tape one night just to make sure.
I don't see it moving around much and adjusting while in bed in tiny increments is easy to do without lights on.

I will give it a few more nights though.

Anyone have any questions about it?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu May 02, 2024 4:24 pm

I assume that is Nick not the model farting in the video.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:24 pm
I assume that is Nick not the model farting in the video.
:lol: :lol:

I didn't watch the videos. Technical difficulties on my end. So I don't know who did the farting.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Thu May 02, 2024 4:36 pm

Thanks for this. Do you find it has any advantages over the N30?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 02, 2024 5:02 pm

onward60 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:36 pm
Thanks for this. Do you find it has any advantages over the N30?
I think it is a little more stable than the N30 because of the easy way to adjust the tension by small incremental amounts..
I wanted to compare it to how the N30 feels against the skin but I seem to have put my N30 in a place that is too "safe" meaning I can't find it. I know I have it here somewhere but I can't find it.

I will know more once I get more nights of use though. One night (even a good night) doesn't mean a lot to me.
Though it is very promising for sure.

At least I cam giving it more nights to try. If I don't like something. I won't proceed with any other trials.
I absolutely refuse to "struggle" with any mask to make me like it.

greyhound

Post by greyhound » Fri May 03, 2024 11:10 am

What are the noise levels like? I'm currently using a Respironics DreamWear nasal mask.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 03, 2024 12:38 pm

greyhound wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:10 am
What are the noise levels like? I'm currently using a Respironics DreamWear nasal mask.
Pretty much silent unless the vented air bounces off something.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 am

Quick report as I am short on time. Funeral to go to this morning.

Anyhow....found a negative (for me anyway) and that was a strap mark on my face this morning.
Probably the side that was "down" on the bed pillow (buckwheat so a bit firm) as I am primarily a side sleeper and I rotate sides often.

Also hubby reported feeling the effects of the vented air during the night. I was on my side facing him and he in turn was on his side facing me. With the Eclipse diffused venting he can't feel any air no matter how close to me.
I told him he must have been really close to me because the vented air really can't be felt beyond about a foot (at the pressures I use) and the next time it happens he could just turn over on the other side or move further away. :lol:

Since someone had asked about the noise level I tried to listen last night and see if I hear anything. Nope...not a thing and I asked hubby and he says he never hears anything with any mask I might use.

Now there have been masks that I did notice a lot of breathing noise (that Darth Vadar sound) and when I get that then I simply don't proceed with any experiments with the new mask as it is a deal breaker for me. I have become spoiled with silent masks. :lol:
Most recently (about a year ago I guess) I tried the ResMed N30i and the P30i. Too noisy for me. I didn't even try to sleep with it because I knew I would have trouble falling asleep with it and I already have more insomnia issues that I want.
I sure wasn't going to add more.....so I simply aborted the experiment and didn't even try more potential insomnia issues.

Later today I will share some thoughts on mask movement leaks. Night before last I did tape my mouth shut (and yes it was still stuck solid yesterday morning) and I did have a small amount of minor mask movement leaking show up.
Was well below large leak threshold area and didn't wake me up....but there was mask movement leak.
So it will have some mask movement leaking depending on probably several things. First being my tendency to keep any mask I use pretty loose in terms of tension from the headgear.

I didn't tape last night but no time right now to pull the SD card and check out the details.
Gotta go get ready to go to a funeral 2 hours away....sigh...

Craig H

Post by Craig H » Sun May 05, 2024 10:11 pm

It does not look as if the hose has much of a swivel movement?

Is the hose the same as for your other masks.?

What is the fit pack option?

HollyRock

Post by HollyRock » Mon May 06, 2024 5:57 am

hi! New here. I tried the Solo mask for four nights and have decided it’s not for me. To answer your question about swivel: there is no swivel at the nose for this elephant style mask. There is some basic swivel at the attachment end, where it connects to your CPAP hose.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 09, 2024 3:27 pm

No swivel at the mask end but to be honest I didn't miss it or even notice there wasn't a swivel until you asked.
The short hose on the mask is extremely flexible though.

Got some weird results using the Solo last night. Unsure what to make of it right now. Will share later once I can maybe get some ideas what happened but I had almost an hour of nothing but centrals and they sure looked like Periodic Breathing but it didn't get flagged. I never, never have had centrals like that.