Weird sound from dreamstation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Weird sound from dreamstation

Post by zonker » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm
zonker wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:56 am
Chris8243 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 am

Pugsy's method of checking things out is WAY more fun :D :lol:
we're VERY serious people here, dammit!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course we are... However, don't confuse serious with solemn. :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'll grant you that!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:04 am

The problem is it isn't happening until it wakes me up at about the 5 hour mark. I even tried changing to my prior mask. Same thing. I assume it is because I am breathing deeper in my sleep and then the noise is waking me up.

I have now failed compliance because of it and had to pay for the last payment on my machine (which really irritated me), and can't get any new supplies either...if it is an issue with the mask or supplies.

No idea how to resolve this or how to be able to sleep on this again. :(

So look sleeeepyyyyy

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 am

You have an automatic and you report that the noise does not occur until you've slept for several hours.

The problem may only occur once you hit a certain pressure. If that's the case, you can set the max just below where that was happening.

Also, if you have exhalation relief (A-flex or C-flex) active, you may want to set the number lower or disable this feature altogether.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:40 pm

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:04 am
The problem is it isn't happening until it wakes me up at about the 5 hour mark. I even tried changing to my prior mask. Same thing. I assume it is because I am breathing deeper in my sleep and then the noise is waking me up.

I have now failed compliance because of it and had to pay for the last payment on my machine (which really irritated me), and can't get any new supplies either...if it is an issue with the mask or supplies.
If you used it through the 5 hour mark, then you made compliance... assuming you used it every night.

You can buy any needed supplies on ebay or amazon, probably for less money... and there's no need to get a new anything until the old one doesn't work well anymore, no matter what your DME is trying to push you to buy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:01 am

D.H. wrote:You have an automatic and you report that the noise does not occur until you've slept for several hours.

The problem may only occur once you hit a certain pressure. If that's the case, you can set the max just below where that was happening.

Also, if you have exhalation relief (A-flex or C-flex) active, you may want to set the number lower or disable this feature altogether.
Thanks

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:33 am

Pugsy wrote:Unhook your mask from your long hose.
Stick the long hose in your mouth and seal around it with lips and mouth...yes it can be done easily.
Turn machine on...breath through the long hose....do you still hear the noise?
Doing this at least eliminates the mask as being the culprit if you still hear the noise.
Then you can go from there on how to fix it depending on results.
I did as you suggested and the noise was there immediately. So I guess it isn't the mask. I think it is just coming on later since that is when I am breathing deeper. Still not sure why it is happening though. I guess I'll have to call the company. Hopefully they are much more accommodating. Ugh!

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:12 am

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:33 am
Stick the long hose in your mouth and seal around it with lips and mouth...yes it can be done easily.
Doing this at least eliminates the mask as being the culprit if you still hear the noise.
I did as you suggested and the noise was there immediately. So I guess it isn't the mask. I think it is just coming on later since that is when I am breathing deeper. Still not sure why it is happening though. I guess I'll have to call the company. Hopefully they are much more accommodating. Ugh!

The noise may exist the entire time it's on, but only be loud enough to be annoying at a certain pressure.

Another thing you might want to try is putting a soft mouse-pad under the machine. If you need two mouse-pads, they should be of the same thickness and texture.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:11 am

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:

That would be an unacceptable noise to me no matter when it happens. I would be putting on my bitch hat and raising a stink about it with DME.
I have been through many, many machines and they should be essentially silent at the machine level.
Now mask noises and Darth Vadar sounds are different but with no mask attached....that leaves machine motor noise as the culprit....which was what my experiment above was to figure out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Anybody can have a bitch hat.
Several styles are available online.
I must order one.
Just in case I need one.

Dan_McD

Post by Dan_McD » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:25 pm

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:

I'm new to all this, but I have the same machine as yours. The machine works the best that I can tell and it is very quiet without any weird noises. As you have concluded, I'd put the problem off on the device provider. Good luck.

Additional Comments: Quattro FX, 1L Everflo Q Concentrator, OSCAR Software - Q-Mirage as back-up

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:25 am

I had lots of noises with my Dreamstation and it took 4 new machines to find one that didn't make noises.
Sorry - Don't know how to link but maybe read this as I have written the response from Philips.

"Dreamstation - clicking - problem solved - begins again"

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Pugsy wrote:
ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:

That would be an unacceptable noise to me no matter when it happens. I would be putting on my bitch hat and raising a stink about it with DME.
I have been through many, many machines and they should be essentially silent at the machine level.
Now mask noises and Darth Vadar sounds are different but with no mask attached....that leaves machine motor noise as the culprit....which was what my experiment above was to figure out.
I went into the provider today and ended up blowing my top, but it didn't matter. They are refusing to do anything about it because they said Phillips warranty doesn't cover "noise". They were very condescending about the entire thing . they asked me to come back and explain what noise I "think" I am hearing. I explained and demonstrated the breathing through the hose test and they said that person who told me to do that obviously knows nothing about cpap because it is simply backseat and that should never be done.

I told them it is a malfunction with the machine and it is causing a noise that is preventing me from sleep therefore the machine is useless to me and it just had its last payment so I won't be able to get another for 5 years! I can't sleep and They need to exchange this machine! They basically said tough crap.

They recommended I discuss alternate treatment options with my Dr since cpap therapy isn't working for me. This is my 4th machine! I've been on cpap therapy for years!!! I am furious! I feel like I am the victim of a huge scam! Ugh!!