How often to replace Climateline?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hueffenhardt

Re: How often to replace Climateline?

Post by Hueffenhardt » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:12 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:The RT told me that it gets holes in it or just can't be cleaned that well due to it being corrugated... And is the cleaning thing an issue? (I am remiss in that I don't clean the hose weekly... should I?)
It is only corrugated on the outside due to the wrapping of the heating wire. The inside is completely smooth and can be cleaned very well. Cleaning is not an issue for me. Once a week, I clean the following things: Climateline hose, humidifier tank, Swift FX nasal pillow, and Swift FX hose.

I clean those things by filling the bathroom sink with warm water, Dawn dish detergent, and some white vinegar. I soak those 4 things in the warm water solution. I use my fingers to gently rub the inside and outside of the nasal pillows. With the hoses, I pick them up out of the water holding both ends and alternate which hand I hold high, rocking the water back and forth on the inside (due to its length I do this to the Climateline hose over the bathtub). I also stretch the Swift FX hose to get the water in every crease. I immerse the humidifier tub in the warm water solution to fill it up and pour it out a few times. Then I rinse everything making sure to thoroughly rinse the nasal pillows and stretching the Swift FX hose to get the soap out of the creases. I rinse the humidifier tub a few times until the water comes out clean with no soap bubbles. I rinse the outside and inside of the Climateline hose in the tub.

I then hang the Climateline hose from the showerhead to dry. I hang the swift FX hose from a wire shelf in the bathroom. I place the nasal pillow on a handtowel laying flat on a wire shelf and put the humidifier tub on the same towel. And that is it.