Free Machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Fritter

Free Machine

Post by Fritter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 pm

I am looking for a free machine for a friend of mine that has sleep apnea really bad and does not have insurance or the money to go buy one. If any one has a machine that they are not using that still works, and would like to get rid of it, I know that he would really appreciate it. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Fritter

MOTOR815

Re: Free Machine

Post by MOTOR815 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

You might change your header to "free machine needed" , or something along those lines. Otherwise, you're getting a ton of views that people think you are offering a free machine.

kteague

Post by kteague » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Can you note if he's been titrated? If so, he could get by for now with a non-data one, but if he has not been titrated due to insurance, the extra one I have wouldn't be of much help.

DreamLady

Post by DreamLady » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 pm

If your friend has been titrated, he should check with local DMEs. I asked mine about this very subject, and the owner said they would bend over backwards to help someone without insurance get therapy. If they bring in a script, they will help people explore several options. Sometimes they have enough machines they can 'loan' an older machine.

aahorncole

Post by aahorncole » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 am

I hope your friend found what he had wanted by now. If not, i don't know if you've considered checking out people selling and trying to get rid of older machines for new ones. The internet is your instrument, well, in most cases.

business insurance