Battery for either a Resmed AirSense/AirCurve 10 or a PR DreamStation 2 that was replaced

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robysue1

Battery for either a Resmed AirSense/AirCurve 10 or a PR DreamStation 2 that was replaced

Post by robysue1 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:57 pm

Folks,

It's been a really long time since I was last around here---life gets in the way of posting it seems.

But I've got some questions related to cpap batteries for camping. Way back when when I was still using my PR System One BiPAP Auto and my husband was using a PR System One 760 Auto CPAP, we got set of ResBett C-100 Lithium Ion batteries so that we could do car camping. They worked really well with those machines.

Back in 2022, before the PR Cpap/BiPap recall was announced, we took a 2 month trip to Europe which involved some overnight train/bus trips, and so we took the batteries with us. While preparing for that trip, I did notice that my newer PR Dreamstation 1 BiPAP Auto would not work with the battery pack, so I just took the old System One instead.

We're now planning two camping trips (in tents at campsites without power) for this summer. And today I decided that it was worth seeing if any of our current machines just might work with the ResBett C-100 Lithium Ion batteries, which are in good shape and are charged up.

Well, when I try to use the battery with a the post-recall refurbished PR DreamStation 1, the machine will attempt to boot, but it displays an icon that says "Check Power" and you can't turn the machine on. The ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP Auto? It won't even turn on.

And so my questions:

1) Any way to make my exising ResBett C-100 Lithium Ion batteries work with our current machines?

2) What reasonably priced CPAP batteries will work with either a refurbished DreamStation 1 or an AirCurve 10?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

And hopefully I'll be around cpaptalk a lot this summer since I'm not teaching this summer for the first time in several years
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

jlsmithseven

Re: Battery for either a Resmed AirSense/AirCurve 10 or a PR DreamStation 2 that was replaced

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun May 19, 2024 6:23 am

I remember you Robysue, so thank you for helping me with my therapy a while back. I’ve come a long way since then but the foundation of things I’ve learned from you I’m very thankful for. So let me try and help because I know electronics pretty well.

I believe both those machines you have will need a much higher battery power than what you currently have. I do know that the batteries you need will not be cheap, but they should do a much better job at handling your machines. I can research for you if you’d like me to. I know someone who is looking to get a transcend micro for travel and there’s actually a battery pack that comes with a package. That would be a great option but I feel you might need more of a better machine for your therapy. Let me know what you think.

robysue1

Re: Battery for either a Resmed AirSense/AirCurve 10 or a PR DreamStation 2 that was replaced

Post by robysue1 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:47 pm

Any chance this cord: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... ed-dc-cord would allow the PR Dreamstations to connect to my ResBett batteries? We have the https://www.cpap.com/productpage/dc-inp ... 00-battery that came with our ResBett batteries.

Any chance this cord: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... 0-machines would allow the Resmed AirCurves to connet to my ResBett batteries?
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 pm

I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of new batteries from CPAP.com: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/univer ... attery-kit

Here's hoping they work as well with our current machines (PR Dreamstations and Resmed AirCurves) as the old batteries worked with our very old PR System Ones back when System Ones were the latest, greatest machine from PR.