OK, I give up where can I buy an S9 Autoset Data Card Reader

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wonka

OK, I give up where can I buy an S9 Autoset Data Card Reader

Post by Wonka » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:36 pm

I've installed and uninstalled 3.13 on my 2 computers (XP Pro & Win7)and the machines still can't read the data card. I followed the suggestions here and didn't download any of the drivers included in the software since my SD drives are internal and that's what was suggested by others in the forum. I also ordered an external SD card multiple card reader (in transit). But, I'm beginning to believe the only solution is to find & order an "official" Resmed S9 card reader. It's very frustrating not being able to read my data. I was able to read on my upstairs computer using 3.12 (Win7)until a few days ago, and on my second a couple of days ago (once only). I know the data is on the card because I can browse the card.

Do I need to choose one or more of the driver selections during the SW installation, they're all labeled as Resmed products? Or, should I just give up now and buy an over-priced "official" Resmed card reader. If so, where can I order one?

I like the S9 machine, but the manufacturer sure seems to make life difficult for users.

RandyJ

Re: OK, I give up where can I buy an S9 Autoset Data Card Reader

Post by RandyJ » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:17 pm

I use a generic sd card reader and have had no issues; I have seen a few threads here where specific issues to Windows 7 and integrated card reader slots were discussed. I haven't heard of an official Resmed S9 card reader; the whole point of the sd cards is to avoid the need for a special reader like with the older S8 machines.

One issue for some people, after they open their patient file in Rescan and select "download," they don't always have the correct parameters selected in the pop up download window that appears. You have to make sure that "All detailed and summary data" is selected and that "sd card reader on drive ..." appears in the source box.

Lastly, Sleep Quality must be set to "On" and not "usage" on your S9 Autoset or Elite.

(I'm sorry if any of this sounds too simple but many have gotten tripped up w/these items).

Rescan 3.14 is available on Resmed's site and a link is available to it in UncleBob's signature (it is also easy enough to find with a web search).

Good luck!

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:59 pm

I have never heard of an official ResMed SD card reader for the S9 datacard.

The discussions I've seen have been of the S8 Smart Card reader - a totally different animal.

If you can read the card, and suddenly can't anymore, on 2 computers I would consider the following:
  • You're running a program on one, or both computers that keeps ResScan from reading the card. In my case, ResScan won't read the card if I'm running my SPO2 software -- I download the S9 card, and then fire up the SPO software.
  • Something messed up with the card -- despite the fact you can see its files -- troubleshoot by
    • format the card
    • buy another card
There's nothing proprietary about the S9 card, however ResScan does need an emulator to read it - a program called crws.exe - if something keeps that from running, or clashes with it, that may explain your ResScan problems.

Forum member jedimark's open source sleepyhead software is not that picky, it will read your data from either the card, or a sub-directory. Mark 's working on making sleepyhead a free tool for all cpap users. Sleepyhead is a work in progress, but worth trying.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Wonka wrote:I've installed and uninstalled 3.13 on my 2 computers (XP Pro & Win7)and the machines still can't read the data card. I followed the suggestions here and didn't download any of the drivers included in the software since my SD drives are internal and that's what was suggested by others in the forum. I also ordered an external SD card multiple card reader (in transit). But, I'm beginning to believe the only solution is to find & order an "official" Resmed S9 card reader. It's very frustrating not being able to read my data. I was able to read on my upstairs computer using 3.12 (Win7)until a few days ago, and on my second a couple of days ago (once only). I know the data is on the card because I can browse the card.

Do I need to choose one or more of the driver selections during the SW installation, they're all labeled as Resmed products? Or, should I just give up now and buy an over-priced "official" Resmed card reader. If so, where can I order one?

I like the S9 machine, but the manufacturer sure seems to make life difficult for users.
What other USB connected storage devices, or readers for them, do you have? One of them may be conflicting with the SD card reader when Resscan tries to read it. I have a Fosman brand USB cradle for my Treo Centro phone plugged in all the time even though the phone is not in it. Once in awhile it upsets the card read process by Resscan. Don't have any idea why, but it does. Probably poorly written firmware in the cradle.

DaveMunson

Post by DaveMunson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm using his (see below amazon link) cheap card reader. Cheaply built but It works. Short USB cord.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00109Y2DQ

It may be your windows?.!? Just thinking. Can you read any SD card? Borrow a friends camera and try to read that SD card? My gut reaction is that resmed does not have anything special on their card reader.

BrandonB

Post by BrandonB » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 am

Wonka wrote: Do I need to choose one or more of the driver selections during the SW installation, they're all labeled as Resmed products? Or, should I just give up now and buy an over-priced "official" Resmed card reader. If so, where can I order one?
I picked the 3rd option when installing ResScan 3.14. I use a generic multi-card reader that I bought years ago for my digital camera. It opens up the drive in Windows with a couple folders and a few files. I close that window and open ResScan. ResScan automatically pops up a download screen. I cancel that one, do an Open Patient, and choose download from within the Open Patient. Finally, I choose the options as RandyJ has suggested.

Hope this helps.
Life before my CPAP was really no life at all!

Snuff-L-Reddy

Post by Snuff-L-Reddy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 am

Are you waiting for a while after opening Resscan before you try to download ? With my Win7-64 I insert my SD card and then close the popup for windows. Then I start ResScan and wait for the download quickstart screen to appear. It seems there is quit a delay for ResScan to recognise the card after it is loaded. But if I wait I do not have any issues. You may try to insert a different SD card with nothing on it into your S9 and after the unit has copied its info , remove the card and try to see if ResScan will read it.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:31 am

Wonks,Did you ever figure out what happed to your patient files? Or did you recreate them?

Wonka

Post by Wonka » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Geez!! This is frustrating. I purchased a USB SD card reader today ( I have another ordered in-transit, but I'm impatient) and uninstalled and downloaded the 3.13 SW on the computer with XP and the computer with WIN7. On the XP computer the SW recognizes the data using the USB card reader. Otherwise, the XP computer SD slot works only sporadically. Next, I tried the new machine with WIN7. Same problem. The SW doesn't find any patient files. Unfortunately, I have another new WIN7 machine to replace the XP computer, but simply haven't set it up yet. Both computers were running 3.12 without a problem for some time. I do have a new Resmed 3.12 disk I haven't loaded on either machine. I've been using downloaded SW.

Go figure. I don't know if this is a WIN7 issue, but it doesn't seem so from reading other posts. I've checked out the card and it appears to be fine. I've also tried a second card in both machines with the same data. Same results...works with the USB on the old, doesn't work on the new with WIN7.

What a PITA! The S9 auto and SW doesn't do much good if it can't be read.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm using ResScan 3.13 on an HP Windows 7, 64 bit using the internal card reader with no problems what so ever. Hope you get it figured out.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:25 pm

wonka,

Try to download and install 3.14 on the Windows 7 computer instead of 3.13. There may be support for Windows 7 in 3.14 that is not in earlier versions. I have 3.14 installed on computer running XP so I know it will work there as well.

RandyJ

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Buying a ResMed reader will be a waste of money.

The only special reader I need, is for the newer, larger capacity cards that my new camera uses, but the ResMed uses the older small capacity cards, my several years old, built in reader, reads them fine.

Can you see the contents of the SD card with Windows Explorer?
You should see something like this:

(Folder) DATALOG
(Files) Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
STR.crc
STR.edf

I assume you started a patient file for yourself.
When you open the patient file, and click download, does the download window show that the correct devise selected?
In my case it shows "S9 AutoSet on SD card / USB flash disk on Drive F"

Wonka

Post by Wonka » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 am

JeffL wrote:Buying a ResMed reader will be a waste of money.

The only special reader I need, is for the newer, larger capacity cards that my new camera uses, but the ResMed uses the older small capacity cards, my several years old, built in reader, reads them fine.

Can you see the contents of the SD card with Windows Explorer?
You should see something like this:

(Folder) DATALOG
(Files) Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
STR.crc
STR.edf

I assume you started a patient file for yourself.
When you open the patient file, and click download, does the download window show that the correct devise selected?
In my case it shows "S9 AutoSet on SD card / USB flash disk on Drive F"
Yes, there is a DataLog. The new USB reader now works on the XP computer, not on the WIN7 computer. I'm going to try loading 3.14 and see what happens.

beylow

Post by beylow » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 am

When I was ordering my S9 Autoset, resmed said that they will give me the card reader if I want. That how I got it.
You can definitely use a generic SD card reader. My laptop has the internal card reader, it works for resscan.