Yelled at doctor today !!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Spirit

Yelled at doctor today !!

Post by Spirit » Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Visit sleep study doc, 3rd time in 2 years. He looks at my data, increased my pressure from 9 - 11,. I replied my data is not working. He replies, yes it is I'm looking at it. Well to make a long story short, I whip out the big weapon, from local dme that checked cpap data, and stated it was not working. He said, according to clinic rt, cpap is working fine. That's when I lost it, and gave him a very long lecture. I snapped and said, my cpap is not working, I don't care if you issue me a new or have mine fixed, all I know is your making pressure adjustments with corrupt data. Also Resmed will not allow me to repair my own cpap. This document right here, states my cpap data is corrupt, since Oct 2010. I showed him the printout, so how could you increase my pressure, without proper data

Then all of the sudden, change of pace, he say's I'll put in an order for a new cpap. I reply thank you. Fast foward, I say machines do malfunction. My health my not be important to you, but it is to me. I'm the one, walking around like a zombie everyday. He say's, I think your cpap is working correctly, seems to me you have poor sleep habits, but I'll put in an order for new cpap.

I said, well we can take it up with the directors office, but I don't want to get you into any trouble, local DME I paid, checked my machine, stating it's malfunctioning. I'll purchase my own machine and take this matter up to the directors office. Doctor knew he screwed up Afterwards, I'm scheduled to pick up new machine next week Hope it's the new S9,.

Actually, my primary sleep doctor was on vacation, so I was scheduled to see a different doctor. My primary sleep doctor is awesome, he's very knowledgable, caring doctor. He truly cares about his patients. So Cannot bash the VA medical system for inappropriate actions of doctors.

Oh and another thing, my primary sleep doc set my cpap to straight pressure of 9, he didn't even notice it was on auto 11-15,. Very observant doctor.

It's a pathetic back/forth process with VA hospital. Doctor prescribe new pressure, then patient has to wait for another appintment for RT clinic to change pressure, instead of just doing it then and there. Stupid !!

Doctor can view data, prescribe pressure, but cannot make any changes on cpap machine. What ever, Lol !!!! VA surely knows how to prolong treatment and save money.

DaveMunson

Re: Yelled at doctor today !!

Post by DaveMunson » Tue May 17, 2011 6:05 pm

If it is not the S9 (and that is what you want), refuse it. Life is too short to deal with all this.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 am

The VA clinic here in San Antonio only uses the Resmed units. When I picked up a new mask the other day, I saw them nicely stacked in a corner of the room.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Wed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm

@ Dave I agree. Hopefully S9 works better for me

@ Bobby, sweet ! One thing about VA is, they keep up with technology. Thanks for info