Water in Mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
oddrid

Water in Mask?

Post by oddrid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:07 am

Hi all! First off, thanks so much for all your help with my last post. I am now able to sleep with my mouth shut without taping it! Yay!

Anyway, here's my problem. Yesterday I drove from my apartment in Chicago back home to South Carolina. Last night was my first night with my CPAP at home. I was woken up twice by my mask making this weird popping sound, and excessive moisture on my nose. I turned on the light took the mask off the hose, and water droplets were shooting out of the hose! I don't think that happens normally...

I wonder if it has something to do with temperature. I had the humidifier set very high, at 5.5 out of six, which normally works great for me in Chicago. In Chicago, my room is actually very warm and balmy, while in SC my house has crap air circulation and my room is actually very cold, much colder than the rest of the house. Could this be condensing the water or something? Or did something get knocked loose in transit?

Thanks!

cflame1

Re: Water in Mask?

Post by cflame1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:12 am

yes it's probably the difference in the room temp between both places.

stevesgrl98

Re: Water in Mask?

Post by stevesgrl98 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:32 am

I also had my humidifier set very high as well. It was fine until the temp dropped in Florida. I woke up to a monsoon rain in my nose. On the advice of our fellow CPAPers, I turned down the humidifer and no rain.. I am a humidity junkie. I really didn't think it would work as I cannot stand to have a dry sinuses. Well, the temps are rising in Florida and I have not changed the humidty. It is better than it has ever been. I am beginning to think, you can have too much of a good thing.
Wishing you well...
Shannon