ComfortGel FF mask will not seal....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
stevesgrl98

ComfortGel FF mask will not seal....

Post by stevesgrl98 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 pm

I feel like I am beating a dead horse here, but here I go again. I cannot get my mask to seal correctly. There is no one particular place that leaks, however I would say that the majority of the leaks are into my eyes. The DME, says that I need to "find the right adjustment" and it will work. If I have it so it doesn't leak into my eyes, then it leaks on my cheeks. I have been reading that the mask is basically suppose to "float" on your face; that the pressure will seal it to your skin. Well I have done everything I know to do yet I still have air leaking around the mask. The only way I can get it to seal is to tighten the straps so tight that my head feels like it is gonna explode, then lay my arm across my mask to push against it or pile pillows so there is pressure againist the mask. Unfortunately, when I fall asleep, it doesn't last. So I am awaken numerous times within the night to adjust it. I don't know which is worse, not sleeping because I have a leaky mask or taking it off so I can sleep, albeit not a good sleep.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the ComfortGel FFM and the Quartto FFM or any other FFM? I have used the Liberty and I couldn't use it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Shannon

cflame1

Re: ComfortGel FF mask will not seal....

Post by cflame1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Have you tried Mack's (silicone ear plugs)... some folks use them to get masks to seal.

stevesgrl98

Post by stevesgrl98 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:35 pm

cflame1 wrote:Have you tried Mack's (silicone ear plugs)... some folks use them to get masks to seal.
No, I haven't. Can you explain how the silicone ear plugs work to seal the mask? Thanks

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 pm

try this post... you may have to decide where to put it... but the general description's in here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55434&p=518921&hili ... gs#p518921

stevesgrl98

Post by stevesgrl98 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Ok thanks. Will try that next.
Shannon

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Padacheek's anti leak strap for FF masks
http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_AntiLeak_Strap.html

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

I hope you can get to try some other FF masks. The CG was anything but "comfortable" when my husband tried it but of course everyone's different. He also couldn't get the Quattro to stop leaking and didn't like the airflow, but does well with the Ultra Mirage FF although the Quattro was supposed to be an upgrade. The mask quest is the most frustrating part of this therapy . Good luck, keep us posted.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

bobbiesue2

Post by bobbiesue2 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm

TRY A QUIETUS CPAP CLOTH MASK LINER. IT WILL WORK WONDERS FOR YOU AS IT DID FOR Me
BSue