WOW! MY DME IS A CROOKED LYING SACK OF SH*#!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MrStein

WOW! MY DME IS A CROOKED LYING SACK OF SH*#!!!

Post by MrStein » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi folks.....this is essentially a continuation of my thread from yesterday....viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83716&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

This morning they call me and tell me that they do not stock the S9 Autoset, never have, and if I want that specific machine, then my doctor will have to write a new script specifying this particular machine......I call bull sh*# on this!!! I told the RT that i have some other medical issues and I want a full data machine, and it is my right to do so. She told me the S9 Escape Auto stored all the same data on the SD card. Again BS! I told her I have the specs on my screen right now and the card in my laptop running Rescan, and there is only the 3 data's. I told her either she is lying or badly mis-informed.....

She then said I was being abusive and they would not tolerate it. LOL I said... TOLERATE THIS....COME GET YOUR SH*# TODAY... WE ARE FINISHED!!!
So now Instead of faxing my info and scripts to another DME, (they say I didnt sign a release)...I am having to get my doctor to fax all my info and scripts. The new DME say that it's no problem to give me a S9 Autoset at all. They don't understand why any doctor would even put up with the serious lack of data while still titrating a patient!!!!

So thank you all here for pointing me in the right direction, and maybe I can settle in and start getting better.

"The future of yesterday is tomorrow's today"

jtmarten

Re: WOW! MY DME IS A CROOKED LYING SACK OF SH*#!!!

Post by jtmarten » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:11 pm

They sound like the arrogant RT I dealt with after purchasing a machine instead of leasing one from them. She told me 'good luck - you better hope the one you buy is already set at the right pressure'. I said no worries - took me all of 3min on google to find how to access the clinician menu. She didn't like me much after that, LOL!

There's good and bad out there, hopefully you've found a good one!

MrStein

Post by MrStein » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 pm

jtmarten wrote:They sound like the arrogant RT I dealt with after purchasing a machine instead of leasing one from them. She told me 'good luck - you better hope the one you buy is already set at the right pressure'. I said no worries - took me all of 3min on google to find how to access the clinician menu. She didn't like me much after that, LOL!

There's good and bad out there, hopefully you've found a good one!
LOL I am quite sure I have been labeled an A-Hole!! They told me I wasn't educated enough to operate that kind of software......REALLY!!????
They asked me...where did you find this software?....I told them if I could find it, then certainly they could find it with their superior intelligence!

Tino2You

Post by Tino2You » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 pm

All the more reason why Angie's List should be listing DMEs as well as doctors. What really frosts me is that many (many) people just show up, get what they are given them and then try and make it work. It is why there are so many bricks being sold on Craigslist.

Stick to your guns MrStein. Maybe one day the manufacturers of the bricks will see the light and stop "dumbing down" a perfectly good machine.

-tino

Additional Comments: Autoset Pressure 9-15.6, EPR 1, no ramp
Tino

Tino2You

Post by Tino2You » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 pm

MrStein wrote:LOL I am quite sure I have been labeled an A-Hole!! They told me I wasn't educated enough to operate that kind of software......REALLY!!????
They asked me...where did you find this software?....I told them if I could find it, then certainly they could find it with their superior intelligence!
I am not sure why that personality trait seems to be the one most often found with RTs at DMEs but I am tree for three on the same kind of attitude.

In my case I did not shout. I just said "this is what I want and it is what I will get". I left her office and took out my phone and called my doctor and said "The DME will not fill the script you wrote...I need it to say...s9 AutoSet pressure 5-12. No Substitutions" She came out looking for me a few minutes later saying "your machine is set up" It was the S9 AutoSet.

Caveat emptor

-tino

Additional Comments: Autoset Pressure 9-15.6, EPR 1, no ramp
Tino

Xney

Post by Xney » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 pm

You're a total a(*#hole for taking away their profits, is what they MEANT to say.

I'm glad you educated yourself before your insurance kicked in and you were stuck with it, or paying out of pocket! (Many people have not)

lazer

Post by lazer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Glad you're making progress and getting hooked up with another DME. If I would have listened to my 1st DME, I wouldn't even have a machine at all. Good job

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

BRAVO!

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 pm

BRAVO x 2!!

Cheers,
xena

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Bravo +3
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Mrstein
So now Instead of faxing my info and scripts to another DME, (they say I didnt sign a release)...
Just get a copy off all of them for yourself while they are at it.

MrStein

Post by MrStein » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Update....ARRRRRGGGHH!!!!! Now My doctors office staff are all out of pocket and confused about what I need done!! I have a new DME sitting on standby 25 mins from my house (with the correct machine) waiting on my doctors office to fax the script. My old crook DME keeps calling me to bring their stuff back....I said not no, but hell no...come and get it. IDIOTS!!

At this point I have to quote "Airplane" again......."I picked the wrong week to stop drinking"....or "smoking" ....or "sniffing glue"

I used to wonder why some people climb a bell tower and go off.......it's becoming much clearer now.....

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 pm

MrStein wrote:Update....ARRRRRGGGHH!!!!! Now My doctors office staff are all out of pocket and confused about what I need done!! I have a new DME sitting on standby 25 mins from my house (with the correct machine) waiting on my doctors office to fax the script. My old crook DME keeps calling me to bring their stuff back....I said not no, but hell no...come and get it. IDIOTS!!

At this point I have to quote "Airplane" again......."I picked the wrong week to stop drinking"....or "smoking" ....or "sniffing glue"

I used to wonder why some people climb a bell tower and go off.......it's becoming much clearer now.....

No you didn't pick the wrong week...we all know that you are sleep deprived..... we've all been there a time or two ...Can you go and pick up your script yourself???? Might be the way to get things done. And don't forget to make a copy of it before you hand it over...if I am traveling, i always take a copy with me..."just in case" something gets broken or misplaced.
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

paul85

Post by paul85 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Same thing happened to me, minus the cursing. I was given a F & P unit with a mask. Asked for an S9 Autoset and was told not available, we dont use them. I didn't know enough to shop around, so I got the crappy F & P with no monitoring. UGH. Didn't know how bad I had it until I tested a respironics and then an autoset at another DME. Luckily, my insurance (BCBS) allowed me to get another machine in a 5 month period and I sleep so much better.

The other DME still calls me up to check on me, but in reality, is just trying to sell me stuff.

No thanks.

MrStein

Post by MrStein » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Sorry folks I don't mean to curse.....really I don't. But this has given me a whole new perspective on things. There are some serious sharks in this home health biz. And I am and have always been anti-shark. I would rather have nothing at all than be taken advantage of. I am not afraid to call these people out, and I have been in touch with the state, the hospital that adverts these goons, and the better biz bereau, and my insurance folks. Nobody is happy to hear this. I like that.

I really owe you folks here a debt gratitude for the advice. You saved my bacon on this one....