Nuvigil side effects 250 mg

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tmorris

Nuvigil side effects 250 mg

Post by tmorris » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Well I am still really tired during the day not to mention having trouble concentrating...I do not see my sleep doc until Nov 15. My regular doc gave me a prescription for Nuvigil to use until i get this cpap thing straightened out and get to feeling better....i just want to take it on the days I really need it...not every day. I had a bad leak night last night so I tool 1/2 pill today. within 30 minutes I felt great!! In about an hour and a half I felt like i had taken speed...my pulse rate is 120-130. 7 hours later...feel like im racing...maybe 1/4 next time?

Pugsy

Re: Nuvigil side effects 250 mg

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm

tmorris wrote:7 hours later...feel like im racing...maybe 1/4 next time?
Yep, unless you want to be cleaning the ceilings at 1 AM. For some people that stuff stays in the system quite awhile. Also take it early in the AM when you get up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:29 am

He put you straight out on 250mg...the maximum dose? Hmmm.

It is sold in 3 sizes...50mg, 150mg and 250mg. My sleep doc only put me on 150mg....doesn't do enough in the morning, but at least I'm not on the roller coaster that crashes at 3pm (boss says my emails sound drunk after about 3:30) and I work to 6pm....when sleep doc had me on Ritalin (though I found out that SR is only for ADHD and not for N/IH...just the non-SR should be used)...he had me on both...though could explain part of why he couldn't do anything but make the roller coaster worse.) Though he didn't seem to understand that giving me bigger doses at the same fixed times, doesn't make it last longer. And, I needed it to ... Anyways, I got him to switch me to Nuvigil. PCP wants me to up it to 250mg, guess I'll find out on Monday if sleep doc will.

Though sometimes I think I'm the only sleep patient the sleep doc is treating....

I heard from a pharmacy assistant that takes it....that the drug has a half-life of 12-15 hours.

I've also heard slow dose titration is recommended to reduce side effects, which include: headache, nausea, anxiety, loss of appetite, high blood pressure.

The first two were the main things I experienced when I started it. Was told by friends that I should have more for breakfast to help with the nausea.... I don't know about the high blood pressure, because my PCP decided to have me discontinue beta blockers that neurologist had prescribed for my ET... which is hard because there's so much stuff these days that require good mouse control.... PCP is also weird...he's decided anything that might cause fatique or drowsiness, he doesn't want me on now. Though he was okay with prescribing me something that would make it difficult to exhale against my CPAP....didn't seem to get that CPAP doesn't help me breath that way. And, he wrote on it that I'm only to take it with CPAP...?

Right now I'm have the worst vertigo bought that I've had in 9 years, since I was first told I have BPPV....though PCP made it sound like I was have it for the first time in my life, and that he wouldn't prescribe anything for it...because it could make me drowsy. Well, the Vertigo is making it hard to work...and dangerous to commute.... and sleepy (insomniac) is just something that I guess I'm going to be for the rest of my life....

Unless I can find somebody to relocate me to where I can get better doctors

The Dreamer.

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!

73 de W0LKC

tmorris

Post by tmorris » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 am

Correction....it is 150 mg...i take half of it....

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 am

I would still quarter it if I felt too wired by it at the end of the day.
Even the 150 mg.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:45 pm

I have been taking Nuvigil for a year or so with no side effects. I take it before 9:00AM and don't have any trouble sleeping at night.