Be careful putting on mask.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Junebug999

Be careful putting on mask.

Post by Junebug999 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am

About 1:00 a.m. This morning I was putting my mask on when I went to click I. The clip on the left side where the plastic clip goes in the slot something slipped and because of the tension the plastic clip sprung back and hit me straight in the middle of the eyeball. Yeeeeeowseeeeee!!! It scared da heck outta me. I got up grabbed a flashlight and all is well with my eye but now as I reach for my headgear to pull it to the mask and clip it in I now SHUT my eyes. Just in case.

Lsfreese@fuse.net

Re: Be careful putting on mask.

Post by Lsfreese@fuse.net » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks for the tip.
I also have a Quattro and never thought about this kind of problem. The headgear is very springy and could certainly do some harm
Blessings,
Larry in Cincinnati

Madalot

Re: Be careful putting on mask.

Post by Madalot » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:40 am

Junebug999 wrote:About 1:00 a.m. This morning I was putting my mask on when I went to click I. The clip on the left side where the plastic clip goes in the slot something slipped and because of the tension the plastic clip sprung back and hit me straight in the middle of the eyeball. Yeeeeeowseeeeee!!! It scared da heck outta me. I got up grabbed a flashlight and all is well with my eye but now as I reach for my headgear to pull it to the mask and clip it in I now SHUT my eyes. Just in case.
Wow Junebug! I'm glad you weren't seriously injured! Thanks for sharing this. Good safety lesson for everyone.