Using resmed S9 without the humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepyone101

Using resmed S9 without the humidifier

Post by sleepyone101 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm

Is there a way in the settings to turn off the humidifier myself? I don't want to use any water. I had detached the humidifier from the rest of the S9 unit, but the climate line tubing hose won't stay in tightly when I connect it into the other part of the unit. I'd also like to turn off the heat from the hose.

LSAT

Re: Using resmed S9 without the humidifier

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:06 pm

Simple solution...use a standard hose....If you don't have one, ebay has them for about $6 with free shipping.

Physician

Post by Physician » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:20 pm

sleepyone101 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm
Is there a way in the settings to turn off the humidifier myself? I don't want to use any water. I had detached the humidifier from the rest of the S9 unit, but the climate line tubing hose won't stay in tightly when I connect it into the other part of the unit. I'd also like to turn off the heat from the hose.
It's easy from the clinical menu to turn off the heat and the humidification. If a person sleeps in a room in which the ambient air is cold, which can facilitate sleep, it's nice to turn on the tubing heat only 72 to 77 degrees so that one inhales warm air.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:26 pm

sleepyone101 wrote:
The S9 humidifier can simply be turned off (set humidity to 0) so you won't have it be heating any water and you don't have to use water.
The heated hose temperature can either be turned off as well or just reduce it to the minimum setting which I think is around 66 degrees F...and effectively turns the heated hose off so it doesn't warm the air.
You have to go into the clinical setup menu area though to do this.
Do you know how to get to the clinical menu setup area?
If you don't know how you can go here and find the instructions.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Since you have removed the humidifier, you really don't have to do anything.

Physician

Post by Physician » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm
Since you have removed the humidifier, you really don't have to do anything.
Excellent point. He could also wrap several loops of electrical tape around the exit before re-attaching the existing hose, making a tighter fit.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am

sleepyone101 wrote:
click the knob, turn the humidifier to zero, done.

Or if you want to detach the humidifier (as mentioned above, not necessary), just turn the hose around, and put the connector end by the mask, until you get a regular hose. Be sure to set the right hose size manually though (slimline, most likely).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.