OSA Makes the Mystery Fiction Genre

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Slinky

OSA Makes the Mystery Fiction Genre

Post by Slinky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 pm

James Patterson addresses OSA in his PRIVATE GAMES novel:

Enter the "hero", Knight, a widower w/2 young children, twin toddlers, Luke and Isabel. Lukey is a real littile hellion and Knight has gone thru 4 nanny's already during his short time in London working Olympic games security.
... He looked over and saw Isabel on her belly, eyes closed and still. But Luke's crib was gently swaying.

His son was on his knees, chest and head on the mattress, sucking his thumb, rocking from side to side, and still asleep. Knight sat up to watch. For much of the last two years, Luke had been doing this before waking up in the morning.

After several moments, Knight snuck out of the nursery, wondering if his son's rocking had something to do with REM sleep. Was it disturbed? Did he have apnea? Was that why Luke was so wild and Bella so calm? Is it what made his son's languare delayed and kept him from being toilet trained when his sister was months ahead of the norm? Is that why Luke was a biter?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

LSAT

Re: OSA Makes the Mystery Fiction Genre

Post by LSAT » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:05 pm

WOW...you mean sucking your thumb is bad???

Side note...I love James Patterson (and Alex Cross)

chunkyfrog

Re: OSA Makes the Mystery Fiction Genre

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Oh, crawfish! I was a sum-thucker! I wonder if the suction collapsed my lower jaw and airway!