Need help - F&P Sleep Style 600 Broken w/ E2 code

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
eikon

Need help - F&P Sleep Style 600 Broken w/ E2 code

Post by eikon » Tue May 11, 2010 7:15 am

If you could hand pick a time in your life that would be the absolute worst time for your cpap machine to stop working... This would be my time. I'm in final exam week of my MBA program and I've gone three nights now with almost no sleep at all.

I have a Fisher Paykel Sleep Style 600 cpap machine and it just won't work. When I plug it in, it goes to a flashing error code of E 2 and won't do anything else. No air!!!

I sent an email to F&P asking for help and they said that E 2 usually means bad heated hose. I just got a replacement hose from my supplier and I plugged it in.. no dice! Still getting the E2 with the new hose as well as with no hose.

I suspect the problem is due to water... i didn't completely empty my water tank, so I think the little water that was in the tank must have leaked into the machine somehow.

I have a new machine ordered, but it may not arrive until thursday.. hopefully tomorrow though..

I'm just miserable.. I can't sleep at all... I wake up gasping for air every 10 to 15 minutes all night. These have been the longest and worst nights of my life! To make it all worse, I have final exams that I'm supposed to be studying for, but I'm struggling to focus enough to post this message.. I'm really in trouble on my exams.

Anyone know anything about repairing or resetting a sleep style 600 machine?

Thanks

Wulfman

Re: Need help - F&P Sleep Style 600 Broken w/ E2 code

Post by Wulfman » Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 am

Have you tried to use something like a hair dryer to blow it out?
I couldn't find any error codes in any of the F&P manuals I have, so I can't tell you what it means for sure......but you probably have the problem diagnosed.
If there's a chance there's still water in there, you should turn it upside down or whatever direction to get that area to the bottom-side.
This is why many of us have backup machines.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

eslocke

Post by eslocke » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:51 am

Several years ago, one week after my 2 year warranty expired, I received the E2 error code. After several days of attempting to use it, I made an appt with my sleep clinic. They could not fix it and sent it in for service. They provided me with a loaner. Several years later, I still have the loaner, but last night I tipped the machine and I'm now receiving the E2 error as well. I'm sure the water is in the machine and this is why the E2 comes up. I have not been able to find anything on the Fisher & Paykel site to resolve the issue. I'm tempted to remove the top and blow dry it - not sure if this is a good idea. If anyone has new information, that would be awesome.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 am

A bit late now, I know. But, This I am sure it will somebody later.
Error E2 is in fact moisture in the machine, however it only shows the error E2 when the hose is connected.
I removed the 6 screws from underneath, carefully removed the top cover (there is a an "O" ring around the part that the hose goes)
let the machine stand in a warm room for a couple of hours, that should do the trick.
put back together. sleep well................I did

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am

Have you asked your 'supplier' if they could loan/rent you a unit until your new one arrives?

garysand@gmail.com

Post by garysand@gmail.com » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:46 am

I travel a lot and use the Sleep Style 600 religiously while on the road. My unit was overturned in the overhead compartment on the flight home yesterday and when I cranked it up last night - I got this E2 error message for the first time ever.

Thanks to those who posted this string. It was very helpful to understand that the source of the problem was water that spilled from the container into the machine when it was overturned in the overhead compartment.

I did have to pull the unit apart enough in order to see the electronics board - ran a blow dryer over the board for a few minutes - in addition to directing the air flow through all of the openings including the filter area.

When I reassembled the unit - it worked.

Thanks again to everyone who posted on this string.

It would have taken a couple of days to get serviced through my CPAP supplier - and the CPAP makes a profound difference in the quality of my sleep.

Rifter

Post by Rifter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for this. Mine fell on its side last night, and started throwing the E 2 code. I found this thread. I took mine apart, hit it with the hair dryer and then let it sit for a bit, and it cleared up. Thank you for this thread!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm

garysand@gmail.com wrote:I travel a lot and use the Sleep Style 600 religiously while on the road. My unit was overturned in the overhead compartment on the flight home yesterday and when I cranked it up last night - I got this E2 error message for the first time ever.

Thanks to those who posted this string. It was very helpful to understand that the source of the problem was water that spilled from the container into the machine when it was overturned in the overhead compartment.

I did have to pull the unit apart enough in order to see the electronics board - ran a blow dryer over the board for a few minutes - in addition to directing the air flow through all of the openings including the filter area.

When I reassembled the unit - it worked.

Thanks again to everyone who posted on this string.

It would have taken a couple of days to get serviced through my CPAP supplier - and the CPAP makes a profound difference in the quality of my sleep.
Why in the world would you travel with water in your humidifier???? I'll bet you won't do that again. Remove the water any time you move the unit.

fisherdr80

Post by fisherdr80 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 am

I seen a few people took their machine apart to blow dry it. I've been trying to get the screws out of my machine for the past two days to fix the E2 error and not having any luck. Any ideas on how to get the actual screws out so I can blow dry the top of it?

Heloflyer

Post by Heloflyer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:45 am

I had same e2 code and tried the blow dryer fix. It works!

Blanchedubois

Post by Blanchedubois » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:21 am

Posting this for anyone else looking online for an answer to the question, what does the flashing E1 mean
on a F & P 200 series CPAP? Answer, from toll-free tech assistance? Motor is gone, you need to replace it.
Sigh. If it is less than 2 years old, it may still be under warranty so check that out. (Mine is not). Motor
no longer made or replaces as this is an older F & P.

DJC

Post by DJC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:00 pm

My CPCP machine works fine unless I unplug it to take it with me. Then, when I plug it in in a hotel, it won't come on--no lights, nothing. I realized that if I take the top off and leave it plugged in, it will turn on in 20 to 30 minutes. I suspect it has to do with the moisture in the machine, even though I empty it before moving it.

troginthehole

Post by troginthehole » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:48 am

My dogs had a wrestling match at midnight and knocked my CPAP off of the nightstand. CPAP was running with a full tank of water. Took it apart and used a hair dryer. Now it works fine. Thanks for the advice