What do Lab Rats think of the new Optilife mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Lyza

Post by Lyza » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:59 pm

hmm interesting... I don't like where the exhaust shoots out from the pictures and I wouldn't like the hose coming down towards my body. Also wonder how 'hard' or 'flexible' the mustache looking faceplate thing is.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:20 am

the faceplate does NOT touch the face...and that's NOT a chin "strap"--it's a support. It's not meant to keep the mouth closed at all

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:22 am

I had some concerns about that mustache faceplate myself. KansasRT did say it was made of some form of plastic and I wondered about the sweating under it. It is difficult for me to fathon HOW that mustache faceplate DOESN'T touch the face from the pictures.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

puffing billy

Post by puffing billy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:29 am

On first look the device looks quite stable with the double strap on the top of the head.
I am not sure that I would like the pad on my cheek.
Like most masks it will work for some and not for others.

Billy

sir_cumference

Post by sir_cumference » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Looks like it may pull the nose up to me ... I can't really see how it works to hold the nose piece in place - it just looks complicaed! Also, you have the same kind of problem the swift has with the side panels and no doubt marks on the face.

From what i've seen I think I'll hold on to my money!
sir_c

Coolhandace

I have the Optilife

Post by Coolhandace » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:32 pm

Last week my CPAP dealer told me that Respironics is giving a free Optilife to any Swift user. I took them up on the offer and have been using it for a week. I was picking up a new Respironics CPAP machine so that may have something to do with the deal.

I like it better than the swift. The nasal pillow is not as wide as the swift making sleeping on my side easier. Before the Swift nasal piece would hit my pillow breaking the air seal. It is also much quieter than the swift. The swift part that sat against my cheek would put a big mark on me for most of the day and I have a much lighter mark with the Optilife that goes away in the AM. I think they have improved the swift design and I plan on staying with this one. It’s a winner.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:20 pm

I heard from my friend in PA that the people that make the Hybrid are coming out with a super little pillow mask. I think it's due out in Febuary

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:25 pm

I heard from my friend in PA that the people that make the Hybrid are coming out with a super little pillow mask. I think it's due out in february? guess i'll have to wait and see it here.

kered

Swift - Optilife

Post by kered » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:01 pm

I was about to get fitted for a Swift and they said they had this new Optilife that they would have next week that they thought might be better. They said if I could wait, they could bring both out so I'm anxiously awaiting for next Thursday.