Question about the Breeze

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapjack

Question about the Breeze

Post by cpapjack » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:36 am

I picked up a new mask, the Breeze, from my DME yesterday. I wanted to try this one because I know it's a good mask for side sleepers, which I'm one of them, and because my Activa just doesn't seem to be working good for me anymore. With the Activa, I've had to tighten the straps to the point where the sore nose bridge has returned. I know the Activa you're supposed to leave the straps loose, but I tried that and I had more leaks with it that way. Besides, I didn't like the feeling of the large seal around my nose. Anyway, on to the Breeze. First off, it's a very comfortable fitting mask. No sores to worry about and no strap marks. Well, I'm not sure what to think about my numbers. I know numbers don't matter so much, because it's how you feel that matters and I feel good.

Pressure - 11
Leak Rate - .46
AHI - 8.7
AI - .8
HI - 7.9

I changed the mask setting on my Vantage to the Swift, since the Swift and Breeze are the same type of mask. Is this correct or should I change it to something else? I don't recall any leaks, but the leak alert alarm kept going off throughout the night. Why would the alarm keep going off if I didn't have any leaks? I know the Vantage scores Hypos more agressively than other machines, but I've never had an HI higher than 3.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:51 am

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:54 am

I have my mask setting on standard with my Breeze and S8 autoset spirit and never get an AHI higher than 2.7. Hope this helps.
sir_c

sir_cumference

Post by sir_cumference » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 am

That was me by the way.
sir_c

whatrdreamsmadeof

breeze mask fit

Post by whatrdreamsmadeof » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:48 pm

hi, i use the breeze mask with the resmed vantage and it works great for me.......i have the machine set for swift as i was told was best by the dme.........only good thing my dme has done or said to me......i really should use the small size pillows but by going a size larger the seal does better.........good luck

sir_cumference

Post by sir_cumference » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:59 am

Want a good seal on the small and medium pillows? I use the aussie heated hose and because it slightly softens the pillows they tend to seal much better.
sir_c