P10 for Her Headgear is Smaller

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Baja

P10 for Her Headgear is Smaller

Post by Baja » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:43 pm

I received both versions of the replacement headgear today and confirmed the pink headgear is about an inch shorter/smaller than the standard blue model.

So cpap.com's product description is incorrect:

"AirFit™ and AirFit™ For Her QuickFit™ Headgear Size: The only difference between the headgear used by theAirFit™ and AirFit™ For Her QuickFit™ is the color. The AirFit™ For Her headgear is pink and gray while the AirFit™ headgear is blue and gray. The two headgear are the same length, size and shape."

Just FYI

***UPDATED WITH PHOTOS***

Last edited by Baja on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hawthorne

Re: P10 for Her Headgear is Smaller

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:45 am

I tried both the headgear "for her" and the blue one quite some time ago. I thought the "for her" would be better for me but when I tried it on it was way too tight. I put on the blue one and it fit fine. I have been wearing it ever since. Yes, the P10 for her headgear IS smaller.
I have not looked at cpap.com's description.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:50 am

Maybe ResMed changed the sizing???
When the P10 first came out (couple of months) I actually had a for her pink and a regular headgear in front of me and measured both and they were the same. It's been over a year and a half now since the first ones were released in Jan 2104.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:07 am

I have been using the P10 for a long time now. I couldn't say if it has been a year or more but it could be. I remember this coming up on the forum before - the debate about whether or not both are the same size. There were people who said they were not the same size and people who said they were. The people who said the were not the same size, I suspect, are those who actually tried both or measured - myself included. A search would uncover when that debate took place. For anyone for whom this is a burning question, you can search for that thread.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

teachcsg

Post by teachcsg » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:45 am

Thanks for the update. I will have to check it out on our end,I assumed it was the same headgear. We have had some patients complain that the headgear on the "P10 for him" is too large and they have to tie a knot on the headgear or sew a small stitch on it to make it smaller. May try the 'for her' mask and see if it fares any better for them.
Cesar Garza, RRT
Registred Respiratory Therapist
http://www.lastminuteceus.com

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Sadly for me, even the regular headgear is a bit too tight. It's finally stretched almost enough.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Wouldn't it be just like them to change the size without telling anyone?
To SewTired: Wrapping the headgear tightly around a rolled up towel helps stretch it out a bit.
One could moisten it with warm water and a touch of hair conditioner before wrapping, and let it dry while stretched.
Mine stretch out a bit too much, and washing the hair gunk out helps it spring back.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:19 pm

Hawthorne wrote:The people who said the were not the same size, I suspect, are those who actually tried both or measured - myself included. A search would uncover when that debate took place. For anyone for whom this is a burning question, you can search for that thread.
it's strange that the people that sell them don't agree, however, new information has come to light that you're right.

Last edited by palerider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 pm

I just now opened up brand new "for Her" pink and the regular "blue" P10 boxes...took the headgear off the side thingies and laid them down side by side so that I could compare the lengths...they are the same.
Now the blue one I have been using for several months now...it has stretched out so it is about 1 inch longer.
Now I have had these new boxes since probably spring but I just hadn't opened them yet.
Original ResMed packaging...had to cut the bag to open it to get to the little boxes.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:26 pm

palerider- It may be strange, that the people who sell them don't agree but I am speaking fro, actual experience - having had both of them. You may choose to believe something written in an "ad" over actual experience but that is up to you. I doubt very much that cpap.com has tried them both on to confirm their ad. I have tried them both on -the pink one is smaller.
You don't believe me - I could care less, but it is a proven fact. Unless or until you try them both on, you should not even be commenting in this thread. When has that ever stopped you from commenting though????

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Hawthorne wrote:palerider- It may be strange, that the people who sell them don't agree but I am speaking fro, actual experience - having had both of them. You may choose to believe something written in an "ad" over actual experience but that is up to you. I doubt very much that cpap.com has tried them both on to confirm their ad. I have tried them both on -the pink one is smaller.
You don't believe me - I could care less, but it is a proven fact. Unless or until you try them both on, you should not even be commenting in this thread. When has that ever stopped you from commenting though????
yes, sorry about that, I had bad information.

Last edited by palerider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Fine - believe whomever you wish to believe. It makes no difference to me.
Me? - I was simply answering the OP with my experience.
I rarely post here anymore. You're one of the reasons why.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Hawthorne wrote:You're one of the reasons why.
I'm sorry that my trying to find accurate information for other people offends you. that is not my intent.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Well....I don't know what the deal is with other people's head gears.
I just know that the 2 I measured were the same.
Now what did surprise me was the used headgear was only a inched stretched out. I thought for sure it was stretched out more than that.

Perhaps the difference in length mentioned was/is a quality control issue....or maybe ResMed did change things and not tell us...but this stuff is made in China if I remember correctly so maybe human error???

Not worth fighting over folks...

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Sometimes color can affect more than appearance.
Fabrics of different colors, but identical fiber content, etc. can feel different.
I have noticed this when shopping for identical garments of different colors.
The texture of crayons can vary with color; not everyone can feel it, but some colors do stand out.
I noticed that Crayolas in Cerulean Blue were gritty for the longest time.
Stretch might also be affected by the different chemicals in synthetic or natural dyes. Weird, but possible.