Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:25 pm

palerider wrote: or make a joke about the strictness of the moderators...
That's right...you got your hands slapped big time just for making a joke didn't you?

Judge, jury and justice is all up to pretty much one guy...piss him off and you find out just how fast the banned button gets pushed.....earned or not.
It's not as bad as the other board that is now dead but I get into enough trouble over here so I don't have time to go get into trouble over there too.

I hate it when things get ugly here but I would hate the Nazi camp worse.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:26 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
Michelle-OH wrote:I'm irritated by seeing people who come here for help, who don't say an unkind word to anyone else, many of whom are clearly desperate and depressed, be mistreated by a couple of members. People who are desperate and depressed are the most likely to be affected by that. And I'm voicing my opinion about it, and if that irritates you....actually NO, I wouldn't tell you to leave. You help a lot of people and are by and large supportive.
I have to agree. I'm so new and still learning and it is very off putting to post questions and have people respond to you like you are stupid. I mean, I am stupid about cpap, like everyone was in the beginning...I think the 'old timers' forget how intimidating it is when you first start out. I have thick skin, but I'm sure there are people who still need help, but never return because of how members talk down to them.

And I don't think that just because the forum has grown means it's successful, it's just the only forum around for cpap help, at least that I've found. I bet it could be more successful if some people didn't come on here just to put others down and belittle them. I don't know whatever happened to the old adage if you can't say something nice, than say nothing at all...but it is definitely not used in this forum.
You want the help and information but all you do is bitch because people expect adults to do adult things. You want free, you want MY way. You want ME ME MY WAY! Right,if you want help put up with the community there is no free lunch. It is not all about you! The world is not a kindergarden. If you have a chronic health problem and "people are not nice" drives you away then it can't mean a lot to you.[/quote]

Wow. Because being nice and compassionate to another human being is not adult? Showing respect for others, even if they do not have your expertise actually costs something?

That last line is really a doozy - 'cause lemme get this straight - You and the little troupe of turd slinging monkeys are going make requests for help so toxic just to determine that the person needing help wants it bad enough?

Why do you even bother if you have so much disdain for others?

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:30 pm

palerider wrote:
LSAT wrote:Heart Jumping said..." And if there's one thing that is as certain as death and taxes, it's that without moderation, forums go downhill"

Interesting that this forum has been around for 11 years without moderators and it has done nothing but grown over that time. Heart Jumping is full of crap
"heart jumping" has *always* been full of crap, from the word go.
Let's change this up a bit: palerider has ALWAYS been full of crap, from the word go!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
palerider wrote:
LSAT wrote:Heart Jumping said..." And if there's one thing that is as certain as death and taxes, it's that without moderation, forums go downhill"

Interesting that this forum has been around for 11 years without moderators and it has done nothing but grown over that time. Heart Jumping is full of crap
"heart jumping" has *always* been full of crap, from the word go.
Let's change this up a bit: palerider has ALWAYS been full of crap, from the word go!
OKCDoctor whooped on his palerider the other day (snicker)

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Michelle-OH wrote:'m sorry, in my adult world where I work with all social workers and nurses, we actually are pretty damn nice to one another. You are right, I am better suited to a community where people treat each other with respect.
I don't believe the language you used has anything to to with respect. I really dislike seeing a word that implies sexual assault so how is that respectful. I assume you must be different to your coworkers than what we see.
On this forum you learn who is who and take what helps and ignore the other. And then you have many trolls that only come to stir things up but never respond back. I have come to enjoy all the different perspectives and I believe this is the best place to get the information you need.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:53 pm

OkyDoky wrote:
Michelle-OH wrote:'m sorry, in my adult world where I work with all social workers and nurses, we actually are pretty damn nice to one another. You are right, I am better suited to a community where people treat each other with respect.
I don't believe the language you used has anything to to with respect. I really dislike seeing a word that implies sexual assault so how is that respectful. I assume you must be different to your coworkers than what we see.
On this forum you learn who is who and take what helps and ignore the other. And then you have many trolls that only come to stir things up but never respond back. I have come to enjoy all the different perspectives and I believe this is the best place to get the information you need.
What language I used? What word implies sexual assault? Are you talking about 'fuck' ? I don't think that implies assault or non-consensual. I don't think the word fuck is disrespectful, it's definitely vulgar, and not even something I've ever said before in an online forum. I'll apologize for using it. But I can't apologize for thinking a lot of people are on here just to be condescending to others and especially new members. Unfortunately, this may well be the best place to get into. I get being rude to trolls, I just don't get how someone immediately assumes that someone is a troll.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Palerider may be full of crap, but his crap is usually full of gems.
The same is true of many of the often sarcastic folks around here.

Mudrock63

Post by Mudrock63 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Been here just long enough to see both sides. Initially, I hesitated to post at all due to some cranky posts from some of the regulars. Then the longer I hung around, the more I realized why some of the replies might seem cranky. There are a lot of things posted that have been dealt with three posts down. There is some BS posted on here, which the regulars have no patience or tolerance for. And then it took me a while to sort out the personalities. Lots of sarcasm (which I love, LOL) and some downright funny stuff.

I do think it gets forgotten sometimes that most of the first-time posters here are desperately tired, frustrated, and greatly in need of help and encouragement.

Having said all that, I have received help here I can't put a price on and hope that continues in the future.

Finally, it IS the internet. So.........

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Michelle-OH wrote:
OkyDoky wrote:
What language I used? What word implies sexual assault? Are you talking about 'fuck' ? I don't think that implies assault or non-consensual. I don't think the word fuck is disrespectful, it's definitely vulgar, and not even something I've ever said before in an online forum. I'll apologize for using it. But I can't apologize for thinking a lot of people are on here just to be condescending to others and especially new members. Unfortunately, this may well be the best place to get into. I get being rude to trolls, I just don't get how someone immediately assumes that someone is a troll.

If this was a moderated fourm ... I think most of your posts would have been removed shortly after they appeared.
Last edited by grayghost4 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Pugsy wrote:
palerider wrote: or make a joke about the strictness of the moderators...
That's right...you got your hands slapped big time just for making a joke didn't you?

Judge, jury and justice is all up to pretty much one guy...piss him off and you find out just how fast the banned button gets pushed.....earned or not.
*technically* I got warned for making a joke about the strictness of the moderators... and lord high executioner, er, I mean, board owner, said I violated "rule 2" (they're big on numbers over there... "rule 2", "supplier 6".).

I pointed out, just saying "rule two says to obey the moderators... they didn't tell me anything, and I didn't disobey anything, however it's your board, and your rules, and I'll follow them"... and without any further explanation.... I was banned.

so, anybody that doesn't like this place... head on over there and mind your p's and q's... bitching about how this place works is like those assholes that buy a house next to the airport, then start bitching that it's noisy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Michelle-OH wrote:I'm sorry, in my adult world where I work with all social workers and nurses, we actually are pretty damn nice to one another. You are right, I am better suited to a community where people treat each other with respect.
so, just out of curiosity, are you pretty damn nice and respectful to nurses that skip steps, give the wrong meds to people, pour NG tube contents down the patients side, don't clean their IV ports... basically, the ones that compromise patient care?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:37 pm

palerider wrote:I pointed out, just saying "rule two says to obey the moderators... they didn't tell me anything, and I didn't disobey anything, however it's your board, and your rules, and I'll follow them"... and without any further explanation.... I was banned.
That was not the reason you were banned from the apneaboard; that I can tell you with 100% certainty. Telling the truth would make you a much more believable person.
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:42 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
palerider wrote:I pointed out, just saying "rule two says to obey the moderators... they didn't tell me anything, and I didn't disobey anything, however it's your board, and your rules, and I'll follow them"... and without any further explanation.... I was banned.
That was not the reason you were banned from the apneaboard; that I can tell you with 100% certainty. Telling the truth would make you a much more believable person.
*shrugs* prove it.

I don't have the pm logs, because, of course, those were in the account that was banned... so, if you know so much, please, do put up or shut up.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:49 pm

palerider wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
*shrugs* prove it.

I don't have the pm logs, because, of course, those were in the account that was banned... so, if you know so much, please, do put up or shut up.

Thought you put me on your ignore list.

It had something to do with one of the moderators also being a member here... and putting them on to your "mean spirited" posts. That's what got you banned.
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:11 am

Lucyhere wrote: Thought you put me on your ignore list.

It had something to do with one of the moderators also being a member here... and putting them on to your "mean spirited" posts. That's what got you banned.
I made the mistake of peeking, just to see if there was something worthwhile, (or even true) that you'd posted.

and again, prove it....

given that I went from no warnings, to warning for a joke to banned in the space of 20 minutes, I have to call "bullshit" on your theory, just like most of what you post.

I have no knowledge of any moderators over there being members here. at the time, there were only three moderators, paula02 (who's icon was a huge hammer, ironically enough), sleepster, and deepbreathing (I think). don't recall any of those names posting over here.

doesn't really matter, you'll spread your bullshit and lies because that's what you do... and people that know what you do will ignore it. those that don't know, will learn over time. *shrugs*