No data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pdean44

No data?

Post by pdean44 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:50 am

The other day I had a hose entanglement mishap. It knocked the machine off the low stand i have it on. It is about 4 inches off the floor. The machine turned upside down and the water from the humididier traveled up the hose some.
My wife was sleeping at the time so I upended it. Drained the water out of the hose and refilled the water reservoir hooked it back up and went back to bed. Did all of that in the dark. It has been a few days since it happened I checked the data yesterday and there was no data fro the day. That happened now 2-3 days in a row. Is it supposed to have a data card or something in it that may have fallen out? Not sure whats going on here?

Forgot to mention that I check my settings by accessing the machine buttons and reading the screen on the machine. I dont have the reader or software for the machine.

"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out"
-- JOHN WOODEN --

Slinky

Re: No data?

Post by Slinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 am

I would take it in to my local DME provider and have them submit it for repair to Resmed. Have you noticed any change in how you feel each morning and thru out the day? You have every reason to question the therapy it is providing now. Resmed had told me it would cost about $55. Medicare approved the repair and my DME provider charged me $35 rather than the $55 I expected. My DME provider loaned me a PAP and humidifier during the repair of mine. They insisted on my sending the humidifier w/my PAP when I sent it in for repair. I hadn't dropped or knocked my PAP off my nightstand nor had there been any other type of "accident". I have no idea why it suddenly "blew its mind".

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 am

pdean44 wrote:The other day I had a hose entanglement mishap. It knocked the machine off the low stand i have it on. It is about 4 inches off the floor. The machine turned upside down and the water from the humididier traveled up the hose some.
My wife was sleeping at the time so I upended it. Drained the water out of the hose and refilled the water reservoir hooked it back up and went back to bed. Did all of that in the dark. It has been a few days since it happened I checked the data yesterday and there was no data fro the day. That happened now 2-3 days in a row. Is it supposed to have a data card or something in it that may have fallen out? Not sure whats going on here?

Forgot to mention that I check my settings by accessing the machine buttons and reading the screen on the machine. I dont have the reader or software for the machine.
Are you checking the data before noon....I understand that the system resets to zero at noon.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am

Good catch and good question, LSAT. I"m so used to checking before noon I forgot all about that reminder!

These PAPs have an internal, 24 hour, noon to noon clock. At noon the previous night's data is rolled over into the total averages and is no longer available on the LCD screen.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:17 am

First of all, tie the hose or the machine to the table so you can't do that again. With a humidifier connected, such incidents are often fatal to the machine.

Here's the ResMed manual: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/documen ... er_eng.pdf

Find the card slot in the back of the machine. Page 2 of the manual. While watching the display carefully, pull the card out of the slot if there is a card there. See if anything changes on the display. See if the card looks OK, is wet, etc. Then plug it back in and see if anything changes on the display.

I'm not familiar with the S8 machine, so this is mostly a generic suggestion.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:53 am

Unlike the S9s and the PR S1s the S8s and S8 IIs did not have a smartcard that has to be in the PAP to collect the data for download.

You only needed to insert the smartcard when you wanted to do an upload of the data to the card. The S8s and S8 IIs held several nights (4-5 if I remember correctly) of detailed data and something like 6 months or a year of summary data in the PAP which could be uploaded to the smartcard for downloading to the 'puter software.

pdean44

Post by pdean44 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:05 pm

ok thanks for the info it never shows the data for the day now. so weird. It may have a problem.
I checked it int he middle of the night last night.

"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out"
-- JOHN WOODEN --

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Check it an hour or more after you've turned it off for the day tomorrow but before noon. If still no data. Call your DME provider and tell them something is wrong w/your PAP, no data, you're not sleeping as well, etc. and ask if you can bring it in for repair AND to pick up a loaner PAP.

pdean44

Post by pdean44 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:08 am

Checked it at 3am and still no data. So making the call today.

-- JOHN WOODEN --

pdean44

Post by pdean44 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Looks like monday the Dme is going to call me to set up a time when my machine can get looked at and I am going to go for the quattro fx mask at that time as well.

-- JOHN WOODEN --

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:48 am

Good luck! I have the Quattro FX full face and am very happy w/it.

pdean44

Post by pdean44 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm

So far I give the quattro fx two thumbs up

-- JOHN WOODEN --