Quattro FX -- Please post feedback on it

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WestCoastCdnGrl

Re: Quattro FX -- Please post feedback on it

Post by WestCoastCdnGrl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 pm

DoriC wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:I'm having problems with the head gear, its impossible to get a comfortable fit with zero leaks.
The medium mask ships with standard sized headgear which is too small. I have had several resmed masks and never had a problem with range of adjustments i can get out of a medium sized masks headgear. I might purchase the larger headgear.

My insurance allows headgear every 3 months and new mask every 6 months. Does anyone know if the purchase of a new mask counts as a purchase of a new headgear as well or are they truely seperate in the replacement schedule?

-UB
UB, I'm pretty sure that with Medicare it's opposite with new mask every 3months and Headgear every 6months, and our DME doesn't bill for the headgear when you're replacing the mask at 3months. They may be able to get around that somehow but I've only seen headgear billed separately with a 6month mask replacement.
You are lucky... my insurance will only cover a new mask every 24 months... I am new to this and have 22.5 months to go before I qualify for a new mask.

When I save up enough money, I will call my DME to see about trying this mask.

john_dozer

Post by john_dozer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

The timing on that mask doesn't seem realistic. Unless they are seperating out the cushions from the hard plastic. And your cushions are on a quicker schedule.

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Went back to the supplier yesterday to buy some more filters and told her the new FX cushion seems to be working well (was replaced due to leaks after Resmed finally told her there were "problems" with some of the originals). She said that more people are having the same problem and she has had more returns of the cushions.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 pm

snoozysue wrote:Went back to the supplier yesterday to buy some more filters and told her the new FX cushion seems to be working well (was replaced due to leaks after Resmed finally told her there were "problems" with some of the originals). She said that more people are having the same problem and she has had more returns of the cushions.
How are they distinguishing between the mask just not being the "right" one for someone vs. defects with the cushion?
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Beach Lad

Post by Beach Lad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:07 pm

I had a problem with the upper straps on the headgear (medium) being too short. The Velcro was pretty much wrapping around on itself. There was no room to loosen the mask.

I received a large headgear today. The upper straps on the large are several inches longer than the medium and work well for me. I had been using the headgear from my Liberty mask. After two weeks, I haven't had many problems with the FX. I had a lot of leaks the first couple nights but I think I had the mask too tight. Since then I've only had an occasional leak that were corrected quickly. I've been reading where people's cushions are going bad after initial success. I will wait and see.

Banned

Post by Banned » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Beach Lad wrote: I received a large headgear today. The upper straps on the large are several inches longer than the medium and work well for me.
I will be using my new large FX Head Gear with a small Quattro FX tonight, also. The large FX Head Gear feels great.
But, you never can tell until you get her in bed!
AVAPS: PC AVAPS, EPAP 15, IPAP Min 19, IPAP Max 25, Vt 520ml, BPM 10, Ti 1.8sec, RT 2 (Garage)
BiPAP Auto SV: EPAP 9, IPAP Min 14, IPAP Max 25, BPM 10, Ti 2sec, RT 2 (Travel Machine)
VPAP Adapt SV: EEP 10.4, Min PS 4.4 (Every Day)
Mask: Quattro

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Sorry my feedback is so slow coming. I tried the Small last night and it wasn't leaking, I just wasn't sleeping, so after 3 hours, I gave up. I'll keep trying and when I have something meaninful to add, I'll post.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Our DME must be reading this forum. She was soooo nice! She called today to set up an appt for Monday to bring us the FX in all 3sizes to try and she'll also bring our UMFF. She said we have up to 30days to try the FX and if we don't like it we can return it and if we want to keep it we can return the unopened UM. I asked her about the responses she's getting from patients and she replied "about 50/50". Unless this FX really does the job without any problems we'll be happy with our UMFF. I'll let you know.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 pm

This was originally posted 24th Dec on another thread

I have been using CPAP for approx 9 months and in that time have had a very sore nose bridge issue that was only solved with the daily use of a Comfort Care Sleep Pad under the Quattro mask.
I have been using the new Quattro FX for the last 3 nights and my "numbers" are down quite a bit. The silicone is so soft that last night I decided to sleep without the nose padding and this morning my nose is PERFECT! (at least the colour - I'm not so sure about the shape and size).
No red marks and no sore spots - I am very impressed as it means I don't look like Rudolph and maybe there is one less "thing" I need to wear at night.

ResmedUser

Post by ResmedUser » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:44 pm

I have been using a Resmed Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask for three and a half years. I have no complaints. Nasal masks dont work for me. Ive tried other brand full face masks and none handle "jaw drop" that I have as well as the Quattro. This new Resmed Quattro Full Face mask, the FX or whatever its called I just read about. I plan on sticking to the traditional Quattro FFM myself. If it aint broke, dont fix it is my attitude with this OSA stuff.

Mikey

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:05 am

I tried it again last night and went to sleep with it, but it woke me with leaks. I took it off, put it on again, did the swing thing repeatedly, and couldn't get it not to leak. I didn't want to mess with strap settings at that point. My straps are definitely not loose, but not extremely tight either (the cushion has room to inflate).

Are people finding that to get it not to leak you have to tighten straps or loosen them?

ResMedUser

Post by ResMedUser » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:58 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:I tried it again last night and went to sleep with it, but it woke me with leaks. I took it off, put it on again, did the swing thing repeatedly, and couldn't get it not to leak. I didn't want to mess with strap settings at that point. My straps are definitely not loose, but not extremely tight either (the cushion has room to inflate).

Are people finding that to get it not to leak you have to tighten straps or loosen them?
My experience with the Quattro Full Face mask is if your pressure is the least bit high (such as ten or over), its impossible to keep it from leaking without cinching those straps down real tight. I have a sore on the back of my neck all the time from super tight straps. Then again, my leak rate is almost always real low. My sleep doc does not like the pressure sore, but I am not diabetic or anything, it is not an "ooozing" type sore and I really dont care. Ive found vitamin D pills helps heal it up. Prescription vitamin D (drisdol) makes the pressure sore itch like crazy and heal.

Full Face Masks can be rough to deal with IMO, but its a choice between being a little uncomfortable and having decent sleep.

Mikey

john_dozer

Post by john_dozer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:15 pm

I ordered the large. In all honesty I'm in between Large and Medium if you go by the fitting guide. but tend to Large on most masks.

I found the headgear is too small for me. The upper straps are too tight. They are almost at their limit. There's a stiff sections near the end of the straps where the Velcro tabs are bonded to the straps and they have to be on either side of the buckle because they aren't flexible. If they are on the tight side, the mask is too tight. If they are on the slacker slide, the mask leaks.

I find this surprising as I use the Liberty and generally have plenty of strap left over even with my over-sized melon. I guess I could cannibalize a another headgear and with some sowing help, extend them.

I'm also not sure if I place the bridge on my nose where the instructions show, I'll get a good seal.

montana user

Post by montana user » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 pm

I just started using this mask..The first couple nights it was great. No leaks, I could roll over with no leak issues. Lately though, around 3 am it leaks! I try and try to adjust and by this time I'm wide awake. The sizing chart says I need a small and Ive always used a large. So I may try the small next couple of nights and see how it works. I really liked the V2 from Hans Ruolph though. If you can stand a little nosier type mask.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:46 pm

montana user wrote:I just started using this mask..The first couple nights it was great. No leaks, I could roll over with no leak issues. Lately though, around 3 am it leaks! I try and try to adjust and by this time I'm wide awake. The sizing chart says I need a small and Ive always used a large. So I may try the small next couple of nights and see how it works. I really liked the V2 from Hans Ruolph though. If you can stand a little nosier type mask.
What size have you been using?