Severe Dry Mouth

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
csb

Severe Dry Mouth

Post by csb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm using a Rest Meds Nasal Activa Lt. mask along with a Fisher/Paykel Icon+ Machine. The machine has the humidifier along with a heated hose. It seems like no matter where I set the humidifier I still wake up with bad Cotton Mouth. Any ideas or pointers?
CSB

LSAT

Re: Severe Dry Mouth

Post by LSAT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:20 pm

csb wrote:I'm using a Rest Meds Nasal Activa Lt. mask along with a Fisher/Paykel Icon+ Machine. The machine has the humidifier along with a heated hose. It seems like no matter where I set the humidifier I still wake up with bad Cotton Mouth. Any ideas or pointers?
CSB
Most likely mouth breathing...Tape your mouth, get a chin strap or use a full face mask

csb

Post by csb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:15 am

Taped mouth the last two nights, no change. I fill the water chamber every night before I retire and there is still some water in it in the morning.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:25 am

Look at Cpap.com for very large variety of full face masks.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:06 am

csb wrote:Taped mouth the last two nights, no change. I fill the water chamber every night before I retire and there is still some water in it in the morning.

Humidifier is not designed to keep mouth wet while mouth breathing. It is designed to keep nasal passages damp. Get a full face mask and a chin strap and get some orajel for dry mouth.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:38 am

i have dry mouth with out leaks so check your leaks to know if you need a full face mask. Sleepyhead is best to do this because you can see how big and how long the leaks are. I use the Orajel For Dry Mouth before bed and then keep a spray bottle of Biotene at the bedside. It's been a long time since I have had to use the spray but I have it there if needed.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

REDHEADED LIL

Post by REDHEADED LIL » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Tried tape, chin strap, Biotene & Orajel for very dry mouth with Amara View ffm all of which I used together or separately & still didn't work, plus I hated the taste & too much stuff on my face..what does work for me is the Amara View, a soft collar from the Walmart website & one xylimelt. The soft collar I can tolerate better then anything else I have tried. It does get a little hot, so I do take a small brake from everything once during the night for 1/2 hr or so. By my keeping at it, I feel it I am progressing with the therapy, and will have an overall good awaking experience everyday.

csb

Post by csb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:56 pm

I've used this nasal mask for the past three years and never had a problem up until the last 6 mo.. I change the cushion every mo. and have never had a problem with leakage.