Lets talk about our avatars!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
elena88

Lets talk about our avatars!

Post by elena88 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 am

Okay, is it YOU or is an icon? a pet?

If its you, who took it, and where were you?

If its a pet, please tell us all about him/her, them...

if its an icon or other photo, share why you chose it..

Do you change your avatar?

Mine is the kitty with hound dog dream catcher ear.. seemed so fitting, and I just love those critter pics!

I had my pic on there, two different ones but put the dog and kitty back up cuz they are so cute.

Breathe Jimbo

Re: Lets talk about our avatars!

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:50 am

Mine is Bogart, our 10-year-old bloodhound. He sleeps very soundly and snores a little.

elena88

Post by elena88 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 am

He is so majestic!
what a good sleeper too!

I have never had a blood hound, what are his favorite things to do?

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 am

elena88 wrote:what are his favorite things to do?
Sleeping and running around with his younger brother, Henry, a bluetick coonhound. Henry is very, very loud, with strong hunting instincts. He caught a rat last week. Henry has kept Bogie young for his age. 10 is old for a bloodhound.

This is my favorite video of bluetick puppies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXLZ5T1VDU

elena88

Post by elena88 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 am

OMG, they are so cute! american idol puppies!

glad Henry is keeping Bogie on his toes..

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 am

Goblin's the sweetie thrust in my face in front of a store by a woman handing out kittens like candy 6 Hallowe'ens ago. His unrelated 4 yr old brother Ecco is pitch black, with golden eyes and will one day have his own avatar.

You may also have seen my special Samoyed 'white wolves', Cody and Jesse, last year and they could return for a visit some day.

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 am

Meet 'Daisy.' She is the love of our life for the last three years and craves our company. She's still a pup and probably will never grow up. You'd think one this age would be content to lie down at your feet but not Daisy - she needs to be 'next' to you during TV time and that's in your recliner with you or on the sofa touching you. She's a loving, well-behaved dog whose nose has enough length that she breathes well and doesn't snort. She does run with her mouth open and it's a funny sound to hear her running in from another room to the one you're in. She's the perfect example of unconditional love.

P.S. She never has a body odor! I assume that's from being an inside dog.

AndyCelt

Post by AndyCelt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:31 am

This is Buzz. He came with the name when I adopted him from a shelter almost ten years ago. He's a really good dog but very neurotic due to serious abuse from the owner who had him before the shelter. He is terrified of white men (seriously, black and hispanic men and women of all ethnic backgrounds don't bother him - it's just white men!) with the exception of me which tells me a little bit about his abuser.

He's a bit of a sneak and has always been an escape artist. Fortunately he is old enough he does not go far. Yesterday my neighbor was working in his yard and brought out some lunch to eat and Buzz snuck out of my yard and STOLE HIS LUNCH!!! My neighbor didn't even know what happened to it. When I got home I found the remains of the lunch in the backyard and figured out what happened. Very embarrassed I apologized and bought a pizza dinner for my neighbor and his girlfriend.

My Buzz is a sneak thief!! I never would have guessed except that he left the evidence!

Time to work on blocking his escape routes again!!
If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? ~ Rabbi Hillel

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:01 am

Mine is me. Astronomy is my passion...and keeps me up nights! With me is my 'scope (I lovingly refer to it as my "big, blue ten-incher"!)

She and I do regular programs for the Parks Dept called "StarTalk". I also work with a couple of schools on an occasional basis. And sometimes, I just go out and set up where there will be foot traffic at night snag folks off the street for a look at Saturn, the Moon, Andromeda Galaxy, etc. (gotta choose bright targets 'cause this is usually in lit-up areas).

For the "techies", it's a Meade 10" LX-200GPS.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

AndyCelt

Post by AndyCelt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 am

LinkC, that is very cool! Always wanted a "real" telescope myself. Good reason to stay up!
If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? ~ Rabbi Hillel

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:26 am

Mine is of the Calatrava wing of the Milwaukee Art Museum. This structure opened shortly after I arrived in Milwaukee almost 13yrs ago from Sydney, Australia - reminding me a lot of the Sydney Opera House. Both buildings represent sails on the water, and in fact the Calatrava wings are opened every day (weather permitting).

Cheers,
xena

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 am

Mine was the easiest thing to snag off of this site...its an OLD lady..yup I'm an old lady but with short hair.
I keep busy as a hospital volunteer raising funds to buy equipment that will give the patients a better stay in our hospitals.
Elena its so good to see you back.
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

beckah

Post by beckah » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 am

Mine is a four year old miniature pinscher named "Jake". He's rather the oddball in the pack of four dogs that live with me. The other three are dachshunds. They are great company, very loving and funny to watch. I love my furry friends....can't imagine life without them.

msradar65

Post by msradar65 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 am

Mine is of my little ferret named Gabriel. He came to me as a rescue from military animal control. He had been left in abandoned quarters to starve to death. He was found with two other ferrets. One alive and his cage mate who was dead.

His eyes were mated shut and could barely hold his head up. One month of intensive care, 4 hr feeds, and carry him around kangeroo style and he has survived. He is a sweetie and a big ham who loves ice tea.

We name him Gabriel, The bearer of God's secret messages to His chosen ones. A name we thought really fit him.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 am

Mine is me in front of my computer's camera some 3 years ago before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, I modified it a bit. I had problems with the size of the file, it was hard to reduce so I decided to let the same avatar.

Nice to have you back Elena, and it's great you found the solution to your sleep apnea problem.