Quattro FX FFM now available in US

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Emilia

Quattro FX FFM now available in US

Post by Emilia » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Our host site sent out an email with the new Quattro FX is now available for purchase at: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

mayondair

Re: Quattro FX FFM now available in US

Post by mayondair » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks Emelia! Was waiting for it, due for a new mask and just ordered it online. kathy
Any landing you walk away from is a good one; if you don't break your airplane it's excellent.

eDiddy

Post by eDiddy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I wonder when ResMed will make the sizing template available as a PDF.

Jersey Girl

Post by Jersey Girl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks for letting us know! I requested one for my husband a month ago when he was due for a new mask, but our DME said that they weren't available here in the US yet. So, in another 2 months when he is due for a new mask, I will order one.

Best regards,

Jersey Girl

Happiness is from the heart out, not the world in.

paulw

Post by paulw » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Has anyone seen a sizing guide?

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:42 pm

I'd really like to hear from anyone who's tried both this new one and the Ultra Mirage FF for a decent amount of time. Are you out there?

brendatv

Post by brendatv » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Will be awhile till I can replace my mask, as I am only 2 weeks into Tx. It is definitely a mask I will consider for next time.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:19 pm

The new Quattro FX FF lacks the forehead support with the jacking screw as do the regular Quattro and the nasal Mirage. What about the pressure on the bridge of the nose without the support?

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

linagee

Post by linagee » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:25 pm

avi123 wrote:The new Quattro FX FF lacks the forehead support with the jacking screw as do the regular Quattro and the nasal Mirage. What about the pressure on the bridge of the nose without the support?
LOL @ "jacking screw"

Why is the demo guy an old guy? Not everyone using CPAPs are old.
Is it just me, or does the mask seem to stick out more from the demo guy's face? As antsy as I am to try new things, I'll wait until the reviews are in on this one.
http://c0009431.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspac ... k-side.jpg

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi avi123, I have been using the new FX for about 3 weeks now. When I used the previous Quattro I had to use a Remzzs and a comfort care pad to "save my nose'. Since using the FX there is no nose bridge soreness or redness and I have been gradually reducing what I use. For the last few nights I have only used the mask - no liner or pad and my nose does not have any redness when I wake.

trytryagain

Post by trytryagain » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Been waiting to hear.
thanks Emelia.

Megan

Post by Megan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:27 pm

I am a relatively new CPAP user (since November) I trialled the Quattro mask with the "dial" on the forehead and managed for about 3 weeks - just kept getting constant leaks and a very sore nose.
I've been using the new FX model now since 2nd Dec and no more sore nose! I still have some minor leak issues, but way less than I used to. I have very high pressures (18-20) so some leaks are expected I guess.
I've started using a bit of vaseline just under the cushion where I get the leak and so far so good.
It takes a bit of practise getting the fitting right, but once you have it right, adjustments aren't necessary! For a pdf sizing guide - have a look at http://www.sleeptech.co.nz

paulw

Post by paulw » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Megan wrote:I am a relatively new CPAP user (since November) I trialled the Quattro mask with the "dial" on the forehead and managed for about 3 weeks - just kept getting constant leaks and a very sore nose.
I've been using the new FX model now since 2nd Dec and no more sore nose! I still have some minor leak issues, but way less than I used to. I have very high pressures (18-20) so some leaks are expected I guess.
I've started using a bit of vaseline just under the cushion where I get the leak and so far so good.
It takes a bit of practise getting the fitting right, but once you have it right, adjustments aren't necessary! For a pdf sizing guide - have a look at http://www.sleeptech.co.nz
Thanks for the link and review Megan...unfortunately, it doesn't have much information to help with what size to order.
Did you take the same size FX as the original Quattro?

Megan

Post by Megan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Paul,
sorry, I led you up the garden path a bit - that was more a fitting guide than a sizing guide! Yes, my mask size in the FX was the same as the original Quattro mask.

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:18 am

I have been using a FF Quattro medium for most of 2010 and now use a Quattro FX medium.