Lets talk about our avatars!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jbn3boys

Re: Lets talk about our avatars!

Post by jbn3boys » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 am

Mine is simple...I love chocolate.

But after reading all the posts about your furry friends, I almost think I need to change mine to my golden doodle, Jethro. He's black (coloring from his black poodle father), and 70 pounds of "baby". He truly thinks he is a lap dog! He was my husband's dream dog, but somehow has become MY dog. Where ever I am, there you will find Jethro. I guess when I'm gone overnight, he spends the majority of his time on the couch, looking out the window, waiting for me to come home. As someone else said....unconditional love!

Edited to add:
Here's a picture of Jethro, along with our true rescue cat, Abby. She was found by my kids in the woods near our house as a tiny kitten. The vet guessed about 5 weeks old at the time. She was all alone, and the temps that DAY were below zero. She never would have survived alone in that cold.

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

imsleepynomore

Post by imsleepynomore » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 am

Mine is Peggy Sue I adopted her 3 months ago and she is a sweetheart typical loving cocker she thinks everyone loves her and she will love back

tschultz

Post by tschultz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:26 am

Mine is a pic I grabbed from the net but depicted exactly how I felt when I first joined this forum. Now after 152 days (but who's counting) of successful xPAP treatment I must say that I no longer feel the same, but now do have a deeper respect for how important sleep is. Perhaps I will change my avatar at some time but for now this one I feel is still very fitting.

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

Sleepy Taz

Post by Sleepy Taz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 am

This is me, I spit and spin and love pretty music. Actually Taz has been a nickname since my high school days and I even have him tattooed on my arm.
"I can't do anything about the past. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. What matters is the present. And, just in case tomorrow should never come, I'm going to use the present as constructively as I can."

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 am

Cool, Taz! I have my avatar tattooed on my face...

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

AndyCelt

Post by AndyCelt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:37 am

msradar65 wrote:Mine is of my little ferret named Gabriel. He came to me as a rescue from military animal control. He had been left in abandoned quarters to starve to death. He was found with two other ferrets. One alive and his cage mate who was dead.

His eyes were mated shut and could barely hold his head up. One month of intensive care, 4 hr feeds, and carry him around kangeroo style and he has survived. He is a sweetie and a big ham who loves ice tea.

We name him Gabriel, The bearer of God's secret messages to His chosen ones. A name we thought really fit him.
Glad you found Gabriel. That is a very touching story.
If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? ~ Rabbi Hillel

bailachel

Post by bailachel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 am

My avatar is Ronnie, one of my 2 cats. She and her sister Samba are from the same litter and are rescue kitties. I got them from their foster mom when they were about 3 months old. It's hard to believe they will be 8 years old next month. I picked this picture of Ronnie since it expresses how exhausted I felt before CPAP. I'm not that exhausted anymore, but haven't changed the picture because I still think it is cute.

Sleepy Taz

Post by Sleepy Taz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 am

LinkC wrote:Cool, Taz! I have my avatar tattooed on my face...

That must have hurt like the dickens!!!! But that at least explains the wrinkles
"I can't do anything about the past. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. What matters is the present. And, just in case tomorrow should never come, I'm going to use the present as constructively as I can."

bailachel

Post by bailachel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 am

LinkC wrote:Cool, Taz! I have my avatar tattooed on my face...
OUCH!

BrianR4743

Post by BrianR4743 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Mine is pre-CPAP.... was just tired all the time!

“Sleeplessness is a desert without vegetation or inhabitants”

shelly56

Post by shelly56 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:41 pm

mine is me taken by my webcam I change my avatar sometimes glad to meet you guys.

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 pm

As my footnote below tells you, my Ragdoll is now 7 years old and my BFF (best feline friend). I adopted him from a family in my neighborhood that could no longer care for him due to one of the children being diagnosed with leukemia. They were never home due to hospital runs 40 miles away, and the expense of pets on top of that was too much. I had lost my previous cat 9 months earlier and was just thinking about adopting another cat when my door bell rang and there stood my neighbor asking if I'd like to adopt their cat. One glance inside the pet carrier, and I said YES! He came to me with the name, Eskimo, but I didn't like that. I just took the last syllable, mo, and doubled it..... MoMo! He took to that new name almost instantly, too.... He's been with me since Dec. 1, 2008.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

montana

Post by montana » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:15 pm

It depends on my Montana mood..

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:18 pm

It depends on my food mood..

CruzTerri

Post by CruzTerri » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

My Avatar is my 15 1/2 year old Yellow Lab. The picture was taken in 2002. It was the very first picture taken with our very first digital camera. Today we know how precious our remaining time with him is. He's got arthritis, and no longer sits, so he's either standing or lying down. Very wobbly in his hips and rear legs now. He's very close to being completely deaf, but can hear loud noises. We know that 15 1/2 years old, is really old for a large dog. We love him to pieces! He gets very unsettled whenever I'm away from home over night.

FYI - his name could have been Marley!!! Yep, he was just as bad as that when he was younger.
CruzTerri aka TerriG