SERVICE/REPAIR Manual - ResMed S8 Autoset II?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
torontoCPAPguy

SERVICE/REPAIR Manual - ResMed S8 Autoset II?

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Does anyone have a source of service/technical manuals for the ResMed S8 Autoset II or any other S8 series blower? This is the manual that a service technician would use to repair the unit and would include a blowup schematic of the electronics and/or mechanics of the unit(s). Assistance appreciated.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

dsm

Re: SERVICE/REPAIR Manual - ResMed S8 Autoset II?

Post by dsm » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 pm

torontoCPAPguy wrote:Does anyone have a source of service/technical manuals for the ResMed S8 Autoset II or any other S8 series blower? This is the manual that a service technician would use to repair the unit and would include a blowup schematic of the electronics and/or mechanics of the unit(s). Assistance appreciated.

Must admit I have never seep any such manuals. I have seen them for the Respironics machines but even then it was only the earlier 'tank' style models.

Good luck in your hunt.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

torontoCPAPguy

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Just had a chat with a Respironics techy. Oh boy. If he is right, the motor is part of the airflow path and is a two stage affair to keep the noise down. That means that the air flows throw the first half of the motor and is then directed to the second half of the motor to speed it up further. So, in cleaning a unit inside/out (i.e. for tobacco smoke) one would have to remove the motor and clean it. Clean the 'cradle' that the motor sits in. Clean the plastic foam that surrounds the motor and then reassemble the whole shooting match. That seems to be the airflow path. In through the chunky filter and into a plastic 'tub' that contains the air pressure. Through the top half and then the bottom half of the motor (impellers) and then out into the humidifier and hose, etc. The plastic tub AND the motor would need to be cleaned as well as the plastic foam sound and vibration dampener surrounding that tub that will just soak up tobacco smoke like (what it is) a sponge. And then out the back door. I am wondering any other tobacco smoke residue would be insignificant.

Well, still looking for a shop manual for the unit so that when I tear it apart I can put it back together and calibrate it. The truth of the matter is that the first one is going to take the time (figuring out where things screw together, etc.); but from that point forward it shouldn't take very long to clean out one of these blowers as long as one stays clear of the electronics, which I gather can be removed pretty fast as it is all connectorized. Remove the tub, the motor, the foam and clean same. Allow to dry in the outdoor fresh air and sun for a few hours until bone dry. Then allow to run in the outdoor fresh air and sun for a couple of days just like the laundry. Should wind up with a better than new unit methinks. The humidifer and mask no big deal in cleaning. I think the hose may have to be dumped but that's no biggie since hoses are only $12 on sale I think.

So who wants their stinky S8 cleaned?

Still want that manual though - just to be sure where we are looking for fastening devices.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Might try contacting these folks, they came and posted a month or so ago http://www.acbio.com/. Don't know if they might be helpful or not, but they do repair CPAP equipment.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

torontoCPAPguy

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Mr. Lampert, you will not be able to remove the smoke/nicotine from the blower impellers and you cannot spray any kind of deodorant/disinfectant into the unit. The only way I know to get rid of the problem would be to replace the blower and any sound dampening foam internally. As Resmed does not sell repair parts it has to be sent to them for repair. Most manufacturers do not deal with individuals but we can handle this for you.
You may send your unit to us, we will send it to Resmed, they will furnish us with the estimate of the repairs and we will contact you with that estimate for your approval or denial. As an alternative, we have refurbished Respironics Remstar CPAP units for sale for $299.00 and come with a 1 year warranty. If you have any questions, please contact me.

I received a response from the suggested supplier... as suspected the impellers on the blower cannot be cleaned by hand according to this chap. I am still not sure as I have not seen it with my own eyes; I would still be willing to try one of the products mentioned earlier or elsewhere, namely either "Vamoose" or Chlorine Dioxide followed by a few days of running in either an ozone environment or just plain old sunshine (although it is too cold for that here right now.... will have to wait until I get to FL or AZ/NV to run it in the warm fresh sunny air. We shall see as they say.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Where can i get my Resmed auto set II repaired. Pluggedin and did not light up. Traveled on a plane. Now what? JIm

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 pm

If you are away from home...you are screwed. Even if you could find someone to fix it quick, it would probably cost more than buying a used machine. Check craigslist in the city you are in and see if you can find a deal....or...find a DME and see if you can rent one for a few days.

nrowe46

Post by nrowe46 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Just need a set up guide please.

longgrazz

Post by longgrazz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Can they be reset via USB port Any one now how this could work

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:50 pm

longgrazz wrote:Can they be reset via USB port Any one now how this could work
Are you asking for yourself...or...are you responding to the 5 year old post?
Not many on this board are using that machine any more.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 am

longgrazz wrote:work