Getting my ASV soon What should I do

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepinow

Re: Getting my ASV soon What should I do

Post by sleepinow » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 pm

To be honest I have no idea. My sleep study did say I have obstructive sleep apnea I did not use the machine because I had far more centrals then if I did not use it

Min EPAP: 13.0 CmH20
Min Pressure Support: 3.5
Max EPAP: 25.0
Max Pressure Support: 5.0
Max Pressure: 20.0
Flex Setting: Bi-Flex - 3
Backup Rate:Auto
Humidification Mode:off
Humidifier Setting:c5

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 pm

Then there's no way that we have any idea where to start the pressure. This is why titrations are recommended or at least a doctor has an idea where to start.

It involves a lot of education as to what each setting is expected to do. I have no idea where to start.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

racprops

Post by racprops » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Dude Search my name racprops. Check this out, I have been going through all of it.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... cs-DS950HS

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87728&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60

Mine was tested and shown in a sleep study;

Settings: I started with my Doctor’s order:

Min EPAP: 10.5
Max EPAP: 15.0
Min Pressure Support: 0.0
Max Pressure Support: 10.0
Max Pressure: 18.0
Flex Setting: 3
Backup Rate: Auto
Ramp st Pressure 5.0
Ram time 45 minutes (this starts low and slow works up to the full running pressure, a big help falling asleep.)

I had a little trouble with the EPAP at 10 and tried lower settings, so I set the EPAP at 8,7, 6.5 but I was not getting any better.

So last night I rest things to my prescribed settings as above and saw for the first time LOWER numbers after I reset around 3:00AM.

I will report hos things go tonight after a full night.

I am NOT a Doctor and this what I have done.

Best of luck.

Rich

sleepinow

Post by sleepinow » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:25 am

Thanks racprops now I at least have an idea of what should be done because I now know what each setting means

Although no one has a preference for a beginning pressure I will try to get the correct settings by posting results everyday and see what recommendations people may have. It truly sucks not being able to afford a titration study

Since there is data collected and the machine recognizes which type of data is obtained (Ex: central apneas awakenings) then it should do the self titration for you. The first person to do that will be rich woth money and rich with thankfulness... if that last makes any sense

Min EPAP: 13.0 CmH20
Min Pressure Support: 3.5
Max EPAP: 25.0
Max Pressure Support: 5.0
Max Pressure: 20.0
Flex Setting: Bi-Flex - 3
Backup Rate:Auto
Humidification Mode:off
Humidifier Setting:c5

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 am

I can tell by your enthusiasm you're going to be successful with ASV. I would suggest that you not get ahead of yourself. Relax. You are very lucky getting the Cadillac of machines- take time to understand the functions. I have used a Respironics ASV for past 14 months. I figured it would take six months to a year before the machine and I were totally in sync. At the six month mark I was set. There is plenty of information, good information, on the Internet about ASV, there are YouTube videos, and of course there's the forum. Please don't make changes in your prescription before you see how you're doing with software. Give each change time to make a difference. The ASV is very responsive to your needs and the pressure changes are so gentle that I don't even feel them. So, again, please relax and go with the flow. I think you'll e very happy with the results. I allowed the long time period because I had some problems I was relying on ASV to solve and these things don't happen overnight.